wine that requires little aging

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonvec

Reaction score
Many years ago I tried a sweet pineapple wine that the winemaker said only needed 6 to 8 week to age. It wasn't a kit I believe he said he chunked the pineapple and even left the rind on. Does anyone have a similar recipe or a recipe for wine that doesn't need much aging and is sweet to very sweet.

The lower the alc.content the shorter the the aging but 6-8 weeks is a little shorter than anything besided a IM.

Wade, many moons ago a friend of mine made a pineapple wine from the scapes of a pineapple and added brown sugar , it was a very sweet wine but was drinkable within weeks. Have you seen any such recipe

I have not, just saying that when left sweet or back sweetened it becomes drinkable much faster. I had a Pear wine that was nasty and a little hot but once I sweetened it back was very good, after a year it was really good so time still helps.

I make a cherry wine from time to time bonvec that everyone seems to like, its an early drinker, the key is lower ABV, shoot for around 8-10% and you can make a pineapple that is sweet and ready early also. Use a low Alc yeast, like Cotes des Blancs,that will leave residual sugar,even back sweeten a little if desired.

If you like sweeter wines, are looking for quick drinkers and looking for a kit the Island Mist kits are a good item to look at. I have only done one, the Exotic Fruits White Zin but it was very tasty right at bottling. A lot of people here experiment with them to raise the alcohol content but if you make one per directions, you will have a nice little summer sipping wine.

I used red pature in my strawberry since it was the only one I had in the house picked up some cote des blans today thanks for the info.

Back