Wine of the Year is Italy's Brunello, says wine bi

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smurfe

Reaction score
I saw this article on Yahoo news this morning. Thought I would post it for others to enjoy. I am a huge fan of Italian wines. Guess being married to an Italian rubs off on you. Me being Irish and my love of beer has rubbed off on her.

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

Wine of the Year is Italy's Brunello, says wine bible
<DIV id=ynmain>
<DIV id=story>
<DIV ="storyhdr">

Wed Nov 22, 1:14 PM ET
<DIV ="spacer">

A 2001-vintage Brunello di Montalcino has been voted the Best Wine of 2006 by the industry "bible," Wine Spectator.

The Italian red pipped an American wine, Quilceda Creek Cabarnet Sauvignon 2003, and a Bordeaux, Chateau Leoville Saint Julien 2003, to take the coveted rating from the influential US magazine.

Two other French wines were classified fifth and sixth.

"It is a priceless satisfaction that fills me with joy," said Giacomo Neri, owner of the famous Casanova di Neri vineyard in Tuscany.

"We have really worked a lot in the vineyard and in the winery and this prize repays all of the sacrifices of this year.

"It is a team victory and, above all, a recognition of the enological greatness of Montalcino," he added.

Another Tuscan label, La Brancaia, came ninth in Wine Spectator's eagerly anticipated annual list of the Top 100 tipples.

The magazine said it had tasted 13,500 wines from around the world in order to determine the best.

Since 2000, Wine Spectator has voted Italian wines the best in the world three times.
Edited by: smurfe

Latest posts

Back