Wine of the week

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you got some venison....would be a long winter without any....
Do you make your jerky with ground meat in a jerky press..or do you thin slice meat, marinate and dehydrate?????Edited by: Northern Winos

We have done both and like both of them...the dehydrater seem to be easier...hope to to do both..maybe

Oh I can't wait to come home and munch on some delicious venison jerky! It's been a few years. PWP and Bert, I'm expecting to be ready by January 3rd! Thanks!
smiley20.gif

Welcome back stranger, nothing like the Holidays to get family and friends together!

wadewade said:
Nothing better than Deer jerky!

Try Elk! Much better in my opinion. But any wild game jerky is way better than the standard beef.

The Stag's Leap (aka Jumping Buck) will still be in the carboy. No, you may NOT use your carboy straw on it!
smiley7.gif
I'm sure that we can find something suitable for the jerky. I suppose I should start some next weekend...

Harvest and deer hunting are done, and life is getting back to what we call normal. And that means, Sunday Dinners!
Tonight we opened Waldo's Australian Shiraz. Nice wine, Waldo! It held it's own against the meal. A nice balance of tanins and acid, full body and beautiful color.
20061126_191152_Wine.jpg

We had chicken in red wine, topped with sauted mushrooms and sliced green olives, mashed potatoes, and brussel sprouts. Bert even ate a brussel sprout!
smiley3.gif
He said he'd do it again!
smiley3.gif

20061126_191350_Yinner.jpg

I'm so glad we're back to regular life. Sunday dinner.... Mmmmmm....

Looks great, as usual....Kind of nice to see what other people eat...more creative than what we get around here.
The wine looks awesome too...

I love brussel sprouts. As a matter of fact I cant think of a vegetable I dont like in one way or another.

Those brussel sprouts look delicious ........Just kidding!!

Now my Sunday is complete with Wine of the Week!!!

Ramona

I think that of the reds the Shiraz is my favorite. I think Santa may be planning on one of the upper end kits from George for me for Christmas. Will jsut have to keep my fingers crossed
smiley2.gif
Edited by: Waldo

Latest posts

Back