Wine - Modern Marvel

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sangwitch

Reaction score
The History channel is going to have a program about wine tonight. It's part of their Modern Marvels series if anyone is familiar with that...

Edit: here's a blurb from the website: (i'm not sure what time zone they're listing)

Modern Marvels : Wine. Airs on Wednesday November 29 08:00 PM

Aglass a day is said to keep the doctor away. A defeated Napoleon drowned his sorrows in it; Thomas Jefferson became obsessed with it. Wine is an integral part of our culture and more wine is consumed today than ever before. Supermarket shelves that once carried only box wine and jugs are now lined with wines from Australia, Chile, and South Africa. Aerial imaging and infrared photography once used by NASA to map the moon is now employed by wineries to analyze soil, vine vigor, and even disease. Payingtribute to wine's unique historywe willtravel the world over to explore wineries, the worlds' most historic wine cellar and a legendary Paris restaurant.Edited by: sangwitch

Sangwitch....Thanks for Posting that, will sure try to watch....sounds like a good program to watch, of course with a glass of wine...

no problem. And by the way, I just saw the commercial again and the time listed above is 8pm EST.

Unless my boss is reading this... in that case, someone told me the time... I'm not actually watching tv.

I looked at The History Channel Web TV Schedule, it said 8Pm, but didn't say EST, I assumed it would be....Thanks again for the Heads-Up...

Ive seen this and its bretherns the making of whisky, vodka, gin, beer. All awesome and I might buy all the DVD's .

Edited by: wadewade

Wow the Romans drank only a bottle of wine a day! No winder they eventually failed, they didn't have enough wine to keep up the pace!
smiley36.gif

Yesterday PM I stumbled across a show on wineries on FINE LIVING...The Insider's List...it got me primed for the Wine show on the History Channel at 7PM...I sure was thirsty last night...Very good entertainment!!! Wish there was more shows like that....
smiley4.gif

i had to tape it, but I'm about to sit down with the wife and watch in a few minutes.

Latest posts

Back