Wine made simple

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fentos1303

Reaction score
Hi I'm just starting out and I'm keen to try a 5 litre rose wine using just fruit juices and grape juice, could someone please point me in the direction of how much of each ingredient I would need and how much water and sugar (roughly to add)?? I'm just starting off low profile as you can see

I'm using iPhone here don't seem to be able to do what u said! All I'm
After is like an example of how many litres of juices ( grape/fruit) that I would need and how much water to make up to 5 litres! Cheers

Here are a couple recipes that may or may not help. These came from the recipe section on this site.

Blueberry Wine - 5 gallon recipie

2- 5 or 6 gallon primary buckets
30 lbs Blueberries frozen
10 lbs Sugar
2 Fruit Bags

2.5 tsp. Acid Blend
2.5 tsp. Pectic Enzyme
3 tsp. Yeast Nutrient
1 tsp. Grape Tannin

Lalvin EC-1118 Yeast

Just times this by 5 or 6, depending on how much you are making.

1 Gallon recipe

raspberries ripe.. 2lb / 1. kg

sugar 12oz / 330 gm

1 can of rose, white or red grape juice ( note; the can measurement refers to enough concentrate required to make one gallon of wine, this will will vary from brand to brand of concentrate , check the details on the can)

yeast and nutrient allpurpose

campden tablets

pectic enzyme

wash raspberries gently and drain them. put fruit in a pail ( in strainer bag if you use one),pour over a litre of boiling water, add concentrate and crush fruit completely. Add sugar as a syrup and make up volume to 1 gallon with water .. add pectic enzyme and leave overnight. Add yeast and nutrient..Cover pail and leave for 3 days stirring daily. Strain must as leaving the seeds in too long will impart a woody flavour to the wine. transfer to secondary and ferment to dryness.

do not attempt to feed this wine up to a higher alc content as it has insufficient body to carry the extra ingredients to carry sugar as alcohol..

I have made this and added a couple of ripe bananas to the mix for body..

it's currently cellared .. tasted ok when intitially bottled.

recipe courtesy of brian leveretts 'winemaking from kits' book.

Latest posts

Back