wine grape press..

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kendo

Reaction score
I picked up a old one today bought it off craigslist, its has a company called milford novelty company #1 stamped on the cast iron<< very heavy..came with a red cross hand crank crusher < old as well..but they both seem to work very well just old, i need to replace some of the wood slats from the hopper, wondering what to use red oak or white oak, and what to put on the slats when replacing them what kind of sealing coat go's on these..food grade primer or what..anyone know??..thx ..i think i got a pretty good deal $200.00 for both press and grinder...:r

Last edited:
Can you post a pic because if it has a grinder attached then it wont work well at all for grapes and is designed for apples. White oak would be the best wood to use.

I needed a winter project..:b..for $200.00 i think its a good deal..

thanks for the help guys, i have a can of lubriquik for the metal parts.im going to sand down the wood slats and put poly on them..change all the nuts and bolts, i good winter project...:D

I think you got a heck of a deal! Good for you!

and when the kids are bad show them the chopper vat and say......WE HAVE VAYS OF MAKING YOU TOK!

Clean it up and your ready for spring fruit season.

My fruit press for the apples I slit them with a knife a few times. Cut halfway in, turn the knife and cut more and turn knife again. By then the apples/pears are irregular shapes. Kinda break em up into thirds. It's easier on the teeth and your crank arm. Fruit that is round will roll around a bit before getting chopped up.

Saves time.

Have fun.

Sounds like a good deal to me. To replace my slats, I went to Good Will and bought an old wood bucket icecream machine. Knocked the bucket apart and cleaned the slats well before rebuilding.

Latest posts

Back