wine glass and wine bottle leaks problem

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering if any others are having the same problems as I do
every time I open a bottle it starts leaking till empty same with my 18 oz stainless steel stemless wine glasses, every time I fill them with wine ,
low and behold they end up empty, this is stressing me out to the point that I drink more wine and believe it or not the bottles and wine glasses seem to leak out even faster, I know many of you haves years more knowledge then me can this be explained yo me in slowly typed words and small words to boot you see I only got 12 tears of schooling, you see that's another problem the faster I drink, the more trouble I have paying attention I end up exter
hungry, , I know to begin with I'm from the deep woods of the Ozarks hills, I
have super schooling, I had first grade twice , second grade 4 times third grade I breezed thru in only 5 years, and sixth grade once, after that I had to quit
since the chairs and desk were so little I couldn't fit in the desk and chair no longer, and I guess I was very much loved by the school because they all lined up an each an every one of them telling me god had answered their prayers for me to go out into the world of big business so since I love drinking I choose that as my empire.. :spm:dg:se
think ya fur ya time
from a world crash wineo,,, shucky darn I might try my hand a vino if this wine thing don't work out fur me,,
god bless
Richard, it only took me 7 years of schooling to learn how to right my name, yhey say I might even be a super jean-yes, shucks, :spm:dg

RODNBORO, unfortunately I fear you are to smart for my own good ,,lol
even I can go back later to reread my post an it is very easy to tell
how much my stock has been leaking,,,lol
but I truly hope I don't bore offend or any other improperly abuse being on this site, I do spend hours trying to read and learn, but alas I still ask simple questions some times, wine and med's don't really mix, but I don't leave the farm at such times, although I do get on my Kubota side by side and run up to the top of the hill, I love my view from there, I live in an area where if I wish it so I could kill deer, squirrel an rabbits all while siting I my hose , but when I get ready for a turkey, rabbit or deer I go at least 1/4 to 3/8 of a mile to bag game, in hopes that i'm not killing the ones I watch one or another and on a good day I might even see 4 or 5 different game animals, the only things I kill at home , is raccoon, opossum, skunk , armadillo and coyotes and chicken snakes, I am not a stingy, but when a mooch comes after my chickens and eggs, I have no mercy nor compassion at all ,, I have 4 neighbors form 1/4 to 1/2 mile away, and I supply eggs to them and there family's I was raised very old fashioned so I feel it is a honor that I can be a good neighbor, 6 weeks ago I lost 28 brown leghorns in first laying season, hehe I went to my neighbors and told them that they an me wont get no more eggs till spring,, since then I got 3 coons, 1 possum all 1/2 to 3/4 grown meaning many more out there, but I have noticed now I hear gunshots coming from my neighbors homes, I guess they weren't any more happy them me, lol, ok as you can tell I've found a leaky bottle today, but at lest I only drink I glass a day of elderberry for my health, and 2 to 3 days a week I dring way more the necessary, ok i'm sorry i'll get off here, I know i'm borying every one, and like I said I feel honored to be on this site to learn, I've tried tons of sites and in my book this is the number one site by a mile better then the rest,
Richard,, Dawg:d

I think more than one bottle leaked this time.

hounddawg,

You make me worried. I know that your health is not too great right now, and you have some serious health issues. Have you spoken to a doctor about being able to drink alcohol whist on your medications?

THANK YOU JOHNT
an yes after all I've been thru I want to live, I've discussed the amounts of each daily drink including my 2 happy days, since I think you know my back is chronic pain daily, so on my to cut loose days I don't take an oxycodone's rapid release nor Xanax, nor flexi rill at all on them 2 days, and as for my daily glass I take it in late evening, so I take no narcotics or opioid's after 7 in the evening, so around 9 to 10 I drink my glass, I thank you for your thoughts of my health, and I mean all my doctors and surgeons,, I take no chances, 99% of my drinks are reds, with elderberry being the best for heart, arthritis and even diabetes my red blends contain elderberry and I'm experimenting now with mixing black berries, straw berries and elder berries for different tastes all while using healthy types or reds,
hehe right now my biggest problem is my only foot is giving me trouble because I've been fencing in order to rotate my Irish Dexter cattle,
I do n my best to stay outside and busy, m y prostatic tech is having a fit though, i'm now wearing my 5th temporary prostatic leg and heading back in 2 hours to get my 6th and the foot is popping loudly now, if I come up missing check out my prostatic tech,,,,,:bt
Richard

hounddawg,

You make me worried. I know that your health is not too great right now, and you have some serious health issues. Have you spoken to a doctor about being able to drink alcohol whist on your medications?

I hope my post didn't offend you. I didn't know you had health problems. I too love country living and have had chickens, turkeys, cows, horses, bees, and dabbled a little in farming and hay. I moved 50 miles away, but kept the farm. I'm glad to see that you have control over your "bottle leakage" and sincerely wish you the best. Please take care.

Try much larger glasses and bottles. I found if the bottle is large enough you loose less the first day after opening and might have some for the second day. Although 1 and 2 gallon wine bottles are hard to find.

oh lord no you didn't offend me, I'm a total cut up,,, but I have to admit that it touched me that JOHNT remembered my problems an was good enough to worry,,, you too Rodnboro, nope I'm good I've flat lined a few times; an so on an so forthom my prospective I'm good with what ever the lord wants of me, when you've been thru what I've experienced, that's when you really learn what faith is, an my 2 cut up days is only a couple extra glasses om them days, and like I said I have some high octane meds, and on them days I use no meds no oxy;s, no Xanax's and no flexirills, an I tell all my doc's an surgeons every thing I do an except for the 2 cut up days they say the elderberry is good for me an for them 2 days the trade off they say they cant complain, but I come home today with a pik line for banka'icin so I get to or really I have to go no wine for the next month at least, so you boys an gals drink um one er so for me,,, but rodnboro I do get upset if you forget to call me for supper:D

I hope my post didn't offend you. I didn't know you had health problems. I too love country living and have had chickens, turkeys, cows, horses, bees, and dabbled a little in farming and hay. I moved 50 miles away, but kept the farm. I'm glad to see that you have control over your "bottle leakage" and sincerely wish you the best. Please take care.

dang TROLL I'm already using a 22qt milking pale,
dang with you party animals i'm going to have to stay on the porch,,,lol:b
Try much larger glasses and bottles. I found if the bottle is large enough you loose less the first day after opening and might have some for the second day. Although 1 and 2 gallon wine bottles are hard to find.

Rodnbor you talked about a farm, have you ever read up on IRISH DEXTERS,
I guess the worlds smallest natural cow, miniatures are bred down from large cows but there are no large Dexter's, they have 2 types the Irish Dexter an the Kerry Dexter, the Kerry's are long legged, waist high when grown more or less my bull is short legged, he's crouch high at 3 y/o. and poled I use long legged cows, sounds unfeasible but a I get calves from all of them, you can run 3 easy on what one commercial cow takes 3 papered Dexter's will get you a little better then 3 G's good lord willing, milk richer then a jersey they give 1 an 1/2 to 2 an 1/2 depending on the cows, but here's the really cool part Dexter's are the only cow that aint a grazer they are browsers like goats but don't strip bark of trees an don't get out like goats, very low up keep. very gentle, dang good eating, just thought I'd mention them, I hear farm and I can never keep my mouth shut, since I've been sick I got rid of 80 acers but I live on, 19 an 1/2c acres, Dexter's, rabbits red new Zealand and Flemish giants cross, red wattle hogs, hard to find good blood but I can produce a better then 500 lb in 22 months feeding all natural anything under 500 lbs is so lean it's dry, chickens an geese, gives me reason to get up an out every day, don't forget to pop a leaky bottle for me,, later
Dawg

Back