WINE GARDEN

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love pics of nice clusters. Hopefully in a few years with the help of you guys and gals I will be posting some of my own.

Picked some of the riper grapes today....Not enough to juice, so I just froze them...

513Small.jpg

5# 13.8oz.....How do I know such precise measurements????
Got a cool digital scale today at a Garage Sale for $4....

scaleSmall.jpg

It was a strange sale...out in the middle of the woods...road kept getting narrower ...We thought we could hear Banjo music...[right out of Deliverance]...
smiley4.gif

Edited by: Northern Winos

To all of you Vineyard Owners:

I know I don't post much to your threads but I admire how beautiful your vines and vineyards are and all of your hard work and the love you have for your hobby. You are so lucky to have the land and the space and the knowledge to create a home vineyard. I don't want you to think I'm not interested in your ventures. I am.......Ramona

Hmmmm...middle of the woods...roads getting more and more narrow...banjo music...and a precise digital scale
smiley24.gif
, please make sure Jim blows all the seeds and stems out of that scale, wouldnt want anything to happen to you NW!
smiley36.gif

The lady running the garage sale had more tattoos than I have ever seen on a lady...They were beautifully done...But even both her ears had tattoos...as well as a piriced tongue. Very colorful for this neck of the woods.

They had a greenhouse and use to sell vegetables every summer there....Now it was a moving sale....Jim also suspected a dope scale...now it is a fruit and sugar scale....
smiley4.gif

It sounds like they made enough money to move somewhere better?/more populated. They were all set up for growing and marketing. Or maybe there were just getting too many helicopter overflies now. Every year now there are a lot of hemp reconnaisance flights in the area I live. I certainly have never grown the stuff, but have stumbled upon a couple growing spots while hiking or hunting. I don't revisit those areas when I find them- not very safe even if carrying a gun.

Enjoy the scale,and does it have a funny smell to it? Glad you got a few grapes picked.

Jim found some plants growing when we first moved here....he sprayed them with RoundUp and they never planted there again.

We knew who did it and the guys is waving 'Hello' again....so No hard feelings....I guess.

JWMINNESOTA said:
Hmmmm...middle of the woods...roads getting more and more narrow...banjo music...and a precise digital scale
smiley24.gif
, please make sure Jim blows all the seeds and stems out of that scale, wouldnt want anything to happen to you NW!
smiley36.gif

She musta fount my kuzzin Auvergene...i wundered where the hell he run off to.
Did he look anythin liken to this NW ?

20080921_043024_bubba_2.jpg

The low temperatures are expected to get into the mid 30's by the middle of next week....so I went out and picked a few more Valiant grapes that were on the outside of the rows...

They have turned black and the seeds are brown, the stems seemed to be turning brown, the highest Brix I could find was 19-20*.....Some inside the clusters were as low as 15*Brix...

Hopefully the sun will reach the other clusters and we won't get frost....thinking about how I can cover the rows should it get that cold...

With what I had froze last week I juiced up #26.10oz....got a little over 11 quarts of pure juice.

pickedSmall.jpg

The clusters are so small and tight and the stems of this variety are so short it makes for tricky cluster snipping...

clustersSmall.jpg

If the cold weather holds off..... there are many more pounds out there...Here's hoping for another week or two....maybe some of the other varieties will ripen.

The Frontenac are blooming....
smiley3.gif

Edited by: Northern Winos

Hopefully the weather will hold. Good luck with the rest of the grapes.

Nice looking grapes NW. Grapes will take cold down to about 26 without severe harm. If you get a frost it likely won't hurt them and as soon as itwarms up again, they will continue ripening.

We have grapes blossoming also from persistant summer laterals on a number of varieties.

Waldo said:
JWMINNESOTA said:
smiley24.gif
smiley36.gif

She musta fount my kuzzin Auvergene...i wundered where the hell he run off to.
Did he look anythin liken to this NW ?

20080921_043024_bubba_2.jpg

Waldo...us'in's all luks like dat up her too...

232323232-fp7-nu3235--87-694-WSNRCG.jpg
232323232-fp--nu3235--87-694-WSNRCG.jpg
232323232-fp8-nu3235--87-694-WSNRCG.jpg

appleman said:
ROFLMAO
smiley36.gif

So did y'aall pass them "store bought chompers" around?

NO!!! I gave everyone a pair for Christmas...That was Christmas Eve in our neck of the woods!
smiley4.gif

We laughed so hard we all had tears running down our faces....Hard to keep your teeth straight when your laughing....

See...that's what home made wine does to people!!!!
smiley4.gif

Latest posts

Back