WINE & BOVINE

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernWinos

Reaction score
We are delighted to have a new neighbor...and he makes wine...kits mostly...as well as beer from scratch. He has always had an annual 'Wine& Bovine' party on the 1st night of Teacher's Education Break...[guess no teachers really go to the meetings around here]....So...now that he lives in the neighborhood we got invited to the 'event'.

Now...this is not the 'wine tasting' that many of you would attend...It was held out in his garage...

Here is the wine....

wineSmall-1.jpg

And here is the 'bovine' [mountain oysters]...

bovineSmall.jpg

And for the beer drinkers...there was lite...

liteSmall.jpg

And dark beer...

darkSmall.jpg

A few of the neighbors also made wine and brought some along...everyone tried ours as well....

And a good time was had by all!!!!

Edited by: Northern Winos

I would have to have alot of wine before having any bovine. What is in the jars? Was you neighbor pouring from the carboys?
smiley36.gif

Ramona

The jars had some 'mystery-meat'...no one seemed to know and the jars were never opened...I did bring a jar of hot pickled peppers....I am sure some people know the meaning of 'fire in the hole' and are singing 'ring of fire' today.
Yes...he siphoned into containers and poured from them...today they were suppose to bottle up the rest.

We liked #3..it was a Meza Luna or something like that....pretty tasty.

I did eat a few oysters...they were par-boiled, highly seasoned with a flour...maybe Cajun Shore Lunch and deep fried....anything deep fried I can handle.
smiley4.gif

lutefisk sounds like something scandinavian AND THOSE FOLKS ARE USUALLY VERY GOOD WITH WHAT THEY EAT
I HAD HEARD OF ROCKY MOUNTAIN OYSTERS AND yuck yuck yuck. I thought some italian folks ate awfull stuff but a a bulls b@#sSORRY
smiley11.gif

These were from young male calves still feeding from their Moms....I didn't see them when they were fresh...only after they had been cleaned, par-boiled and sliced...

freshSmall-1.jpg

Then our Host [local history teacher] coked them..

hostSmall.jpg

There was other food too....fresh venison tenderloin and spicy chicken wings and other stuff...

stuffSmall-1.jpg

This is our local school principal pouring wine...NO...this is not my glass...this is the 'decanter'...

princSmall.jpg

And...the party is over...

overSmall.jpg

Looks like #3 carboy was a hit...my 4 bottles were empty as well as about another 5 bottles that others brought to share...

I don't know about these young people today....we were the last ones to leave...even the host had called it a night....

It was low key around here today...we didn't go into the city till late this PM...been having heavy rain all day...grey and gloomy....had a large pizza in town and brought some home for a 'real meal' tonight....not even having any wine today.

smiley4.gif

Looks like a good time NW. I have heard a lot of people say that they liked the Meza Luna Red, I'll have to try that. I also like the idea of drinking right from the carboys at your party, then bottle the remainder.......... sure does save a lot of time.

However.......... Those oyster thingies............. I'd have to pass on them...........

Cooked the way they are Id give them a try. In the picture above Id definitely pass! I must say I love the foods that everyone turns there nose up t so far. I havent tried a whole lot of stuff but I tend to like a lot of that kind of stuff. My first pick for an appetizer is Escargot!

Latest posts

Back