Will wine clear after being bottled?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrazyMike

Junior
Reaction score
So I'm making white wine from juices. Right now I'm waiting for it to clear and so far it tastes fine but could use more time to clear.

I was wondering if wine will continue to clear after you have bottled it?

Yes wine can continue to clear after bottleing. The problem with being too quick to bottle and not allowing the wine to clear prior to bottling is you will end up with sediment in your bottles. I would suggest allowing to clear while bulk aging. You can add super kleer which will aid in the clairification process.

Mike, first welcome to the forum. As far as you're wine clearing that depends on several factors. For one is your wine fully degassed? If your wine does clear, which itjust might do, you will have sediment in the bottle you will need to deal with also. This is why you always want to ensure your wine is ready before bottling. Tom has written a very quick reading book on this subject "3P's".

Dan, there is no problem with any sea food allergies. The proteins are gone from the processing and there is no danger of any reactions due to shellfish allergies. Ive contacted them directly about 3 years ago getting this answer straight from their mouths. They said it was free and clear of any of this even the of the fact they are derived from processed crustaceans. They would need serious consumer warnings if there was any danger. SuperKleer is tasteless and even though some say fining agents strip flavor at minimal amounts from the wine I havent noticed any differences at all and Ive done a side by side taste test of the same wine. I have seen it strip a very very small amount of color though but thats the same with filtering also and color can fall out even when not using a fining agent so to even pin it on the fining agent isnt accurate.

Back