WILD Boar!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
Anybody like bacon!

20070529_194613_Pig.jpg

This weighed in @ 1051 lbs. Pig roast for Winestock George?

that can't be real?!?!?! I've never seen a pig, wild or not that big! WOW!

Edit: I just saw this on CNN! I'm stunned!Edited by: Dean

He developed a fondness for mushrooms growing near the nuclear power plant and kept eating. I wouldn't go anywhere near it's mouth while alive-pigs are meateaters and it looks like it could eat that kid whole!

Some local here in florida told me of wild boar that stood almost 5 feet while still on all fours. I just passed it off as bragging.
I guess they were telling the truth.
smiley23.gif

I had to give the site a quick check and I must say that there are some really negative e-mails the poor kid is getting. Everybody has a right to their opinions- hunting-good/bad, but it is unreal the blasting they give this kid!

"Pigs are one of the few animals that never stop growing and this one obviouslywas in a area with plenty of food. " - and another is our dog!

We use to raise hogs...lots of them. In my opion...the boar in the photo looks like a Duroc [breed of red hogs]He is dark red and has the floppy ears of that breed. He may have gotten loose and went wild at some point in his life....

Wild boars have tusks and are rangy [thin]...This boar was well fed and must have had a good worming program to be in such good shape.

We had a registered Yorkshire boar that got to be 910#...we had to ship him when he no longer was breeding. Also had a Chester White that got to 730#...good thing they were gentle...we had to back the trailer right up to their pens to load them out....what's in your pizza????

Duroc...they get darker with age..

durocSmall.jpg

Typical Wild Hog...
imagesSmall.jpg
wildboarSmall.jpg
Edited by: Northern Winos

Back