Why stop now

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CajunTim

Reaction score
Hey all,
OK, so I have my first wine well under way. I still have another gallon juice jug setting empty. I was doing some shopping at Costco two days ago and saw these. So I said to myself “why stop now”. Why not try another one with fresh fruit. I think I will go the Waldo route and put them in the freezer for a day or so then go from there.

20061102_070845_c1.JPG

Tim, you will be better off freezing your cranberries for a couple weeks rather than a couple days. Then again I to have trouble waiting on getting started once my ingredeants are lined up. Make sure to use pectin enzyme and give it a full 24 hrs to work. Also keep a close eye on acid with cranberries. good luck on your first fruit.

Pete

Tim: I have had great success with Cranberries. They clear nice, and taste great. Last year I gave bottles of Cranberry as X-mas gifts... good luck...jh

Thanks Pete,
Maybe I will wait until after Thanksgiving. Uhm, I will have to learn more about acid testing before then.

Hey Kutya, Hope I to have good success. What recipe did you use. The one I have calls for a pound of raisins also.
Tim

I was going to try that months ago but could not get any till recently
and I started the Vintners Harvest Cranberry base instead. It has
crushed cranberries in the can with juice. Good luck.

paubin is right Cajun. You need to freeze them at least for a couple of weeks. The benifit of freezing has reached optimum effectiveness bythen so freezing beyond that point is just time wasted that them rascals could be fermenting. Would love to see you start a thread with this cranberry wine and keep us updated with progress and pictures.

Waldo, this will work out quite well. My wife and I will be going camping for the week of thanksgiving and when we get back it will be time to start the Cranbury’s. I willsee what I can do and start thethread and post pictures of what happens. Might have a few questions along the way.
smiley1.gif

I've just gathered the ingredients for a batch of cranberry, but I guess I should freeze them first. However, instead of using raisins, I thought I would use Craisins. The Craisins are raisins made with cranberries. Has anybody tried it? If I freeze the cranberries, should I then put the raisins and frozen cranberries in the strainer bag together? I think I need a little help here - but we've got time . . . I've gotta freeze my 'berries.

I would recommend using regular raisins, chop them up good and add right to strainer bag with your cranberries.

I used one lbs of rasins per gal. This was what the recipe called for.

Latest posts

Back