Which white wine kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am wanting to make a white wine kitto have around for guests. I do not partake of whites very often so I am a newbie in this area.
The two I am considering so far is a Pinot Grigio or a Muller-Thurgau.
I purchased a bottle of Pinot Grigio for a taste test and found it very good, the Muller Thurgau is another story can't find anyone that stocks it, I had the same problem trying to find a bottle of Amarone. Live in a small town with limited wine selection.
Any suggestions of a white that would impress your guests.

pino gris is very good,sauvignon/blanc,also good,for evey day drinking with out food or with,can't go wrong in kit style also reisling nice
smiley2.gif

Sub, I just bottled my Australian Riesling. This is a somewhat dry white.
In the carboy I have a Piesporter which is a semi-dry. Both are very good.
There are many whites out there that are excellent. Depends on your friends white wine palate. Have fun!!!

Soave will probably be hard for you to find as well but it is a fantastic white wine. Mosti has an All Juice kit for it.

http://www.finevinewines.com/ProdDet.asp?PartNumber=MMS50

The Grigionnay sounds killer as well.

http://www.finevinewines.com/ProdDet.asp?PartNumber=MMS73

I have made the Vintner's Reserve Pinot that was good. The Selection Gewürztraminer is very good. The only other whites I have made were Wine Expert Limited Edition kits. If I were going to buy a white today, it would be one of the two I listed above.

We just started drinking our Muller-Thurgau and we really like it. Almost too much so!
smiley9.gif

smiley1.gif
I just got a Muller-Thurgau kit. I haven't started it yet. Waiting for that damned orange pineapple apple to finish fermenting!!

This is a very nice wine...I did six months of bulk ageing [really just took that long to get around to bottling] ...It was very nice at bottling and at two months in the bottle it is great.....If I can give it a little more time it will be awsume..[ I think]
smiley4.gif

Thanks for the information, I was leaning toward the Muller-Thurgau as I have a lot of friends that like a semi-sweet wine.
Along the same lines my brother-in law and his girlfriend are big vin rose fans which they proudly decant from a BOX, I was going to make a White Zinfindal for them until I read on this forum about Welch's concentrate. I've started 5 gallons of House Vin Rose using the recipe from here 3 can/gal. I used 12 cansNigara and 3 cans Concord. Its now in the secondary clearing nicely and a beautiful Vin Rose color, I will update on the taste later.

PWP, was this a wine kit that George carries? Is it dry or a semi-dry white? The Muller-Thurgau?

Wine Expert World kit, semi-dry, GEORGE sells it!
**Hey man, did you know that George has the stuff? Call George. I heard he has the stuff, man.**
smiley2.gif

Back