Where to buy grape vines?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbarnthouse

Junior
Reaction score
Those of you that have started your own vineyard or "wineyard", where did you source your vines from? I planted 30 vines last spring and am looking to plant more next spring. I am especially looking for Steuben vines, but I am looking for a quality source to buy a large quantity of vines.

I have ordered 20 vines in the past year from a nursery in NY called Miller Nurseries. I checked their catalog and I did not see the variety Steuben listed. I also have a catalog for Foster Nursery - also from NY. They are more of a wholesale type nursery and they do have Steuben listed in the list. Good Luck.
Russ

You can't go wrong with Double A VIneyards. They offer price breaks and have great prices for over 50 vines of combined varieties. I got 25 Steuben from them that are now in their third leaf. They will yield about 8-10 pounds per vine this year.

I purchased 1500 vines from Double A this spring. Shipment was delivered right as scheduled and the roots were very large and healthy. They warrant any vines that die if you contact them by Aug 15. I had a failure rate of about 1.5%, called them and they said they would replace them next spring, no questions asked. Great people to deal with.

Bruno,
You can't go wrong if Grapeman suggest it.

I purchased 1500 vines from Double A this spring. Shipment was delivered right as scheduled and the roots were very large and healthy. They warrant any vines that die if you contact them by Aug 15. I had a failure rate of about 1.5%, called them and they said they would replace them next spring, no questions asked. Great people to deal with.

Hey Bruno, what varieties did you plant? That's a lot of vines to tend. I hope you have some help with the tasks for the future.

I planted Frontenac, Cayuga White, Swenson Red, Marquette and Briaana.

Latest posts

Back