When to clear

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afireguy

Reaction score
Hi all,
Heres the deal, Crazzy fruit concoction, all kinds of stuff and fruit concentrates in it,been frementing like crazy for a long time. Started at
1.090 now at .990 and still going strong...Yuk,, as dry as a piece of chalk on a cold day.( thats dryI think...hhehe) p.s Dont know what yeast I usedcould be a 18% yeast.
So I want to back sweeten it with this strawbewrry bannana juicy juice mix 100% juice (already has one container in it from the beginning.)
Do I wait till it quits fermenting to back sweeting it or back sweet now and add the p-k and the p sorbate and the superclear and rerack back to the corboy and let her sit a while? (reracked back to plastic primary this a.m. to clean out the lees a little really just wanted to sample and play with it.
smiley2.gif
.lol)

I might rack now to get it of the leeds, install air lock and let go 30 days at least untill its done fermintation. I don't back sweeten till time to bottle. Tomy
smiley32.gif

Rack off lees and let it finish like Tomy said if it really is still fermenting although I think that this is gas seeing as how you are at .990. Check SG again in say 2 days and if it is still the same add K-meta and sorbate and degass really good. Then back sweeten and add fining agent. When clear, rack again and either bottle or bulk age.

Back