when do i add allgrape pack??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suecasa

Addicted Newbie
Reaction score
i just received a renaissance castel de papa (mosti) with an additional allgrape pack. the instructions from mosti don't mention when to add the grape pack ... would it be when it mentions dried raisins? other ideas? those of you tweekers ... any ideas of ways to play with this kit to bring out the varietals and fabulousness??

thanks in advance!

The grape pack goes in the primary. I haven't made that kit so can't help with any tweeks. Careful on over tweeking.
Some kits tell you now, if aging over a year to add some k-meta at bottling time, if your doesn't ,that would be my suggestion, and age,age,age. Give it 1-2 years and all the flavor should be there.
Some say kit wines start to break down after a few years, some of mine have made it (how ,I do not know lol) to the 3 year mark and were sooo good, so I'm not sure on that statement
Enjoy! and Happy New Year!

Add in Primary, if you have raisins you would add them once the SG reached 1.020. Cheers

Back