whats your music??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tess

Reaction score
whats you music? Im from the 70's! Aerosmith is my band but i have a lot of country in me too. That side of me is never ending!! I got to see Merle haggard this spring time
! He was sold out!! Merle is battling cancer. Im so thankful I got to see him preform in person!!

Last edited:
I am a Deadhead. Since they are not around I listen to alot of live Phish. Bootlegs, streaming etc.

I also listen to Jazz, Miles Davis, Coletrane!

While at work I have Pandora running on my computer.
my mix is-Bluegrass , Yonder Mountian String band is worth a listen!
Blues
Alman Bros.
Avett Bros
THE BAND is essential listening!
The Grateful Dead
Phish
Pink Floyd

It is all good!
:r

Grew up in NYC listening mostly Doo-wop and early rock and roll. Have always liked Folk and Celtic music. Past few years have gotten to really like Reggie Gospel.

Last edited:
any music is good for me except hillbilly,country,opera,.
love jazz and blues, top 40, 80s...I love to listen to classical on a harpsichord.

Dave Matthews Band is on Top of my list, plus Classic Rock in General. Dave has a pretty good wine as well from here in California called Dreaming Tree.

Huge DMB fan here too. "Crush" used to be my house red. But I like my stuff better now. :D Dave also owns a winery in his home of Charlottesville, VA called Blenheim Vineyards.

Some other faves: John Mayer, Jack Johnson, Foo Fighters, Mumford and Sons, 90's grunge rock in general, but especially Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bZOdrbDpTI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bZOdrbDpTI[/ame]

Heavy Metal all the way here. AC/DC, Shinedown, Metallica, etc. Loved it as a kid and still love it as I get older. I do tolerate/listen to almost any type of music other than country. No twanging for me.

I grew up in Jersey, where Bruce Springstien is King!

Also like...

U2,
Crosby Stills and Nash (and young too)
Eric Claptin
Bad Company
Pink Floyd,
James Taylor
Jackson Brown
Lynard Skynard
Rolling Stones
Alman Brothers
Eagles
George Thouroughgood [sic}
Meatloaf
Boston
Fleetwood Mac
Lou Reed (RIP)
CCR (Creedence)

Just to name a few. I am starting to like country. To me a lot of it is country by name, but old rock in spirit.

This is hard since there are no country music radio stations (not a single one) in either NYC or NJ.

In order of importance:
Italian Opera
Progressive (outlaw) Country
Crooners/Neapolitan/Italiamerica
Motown
70s Pop/Rock
Southern Rock
Dixieland Jazz
Big Band

I like a wide range of music and what I listen to depends on my mood and what I am doing at the time. When cooking or making wine, I like to listen to Pavarotti, Domingo, Carreras, or Bocelli singing Italian classics. When I am just relaxing, I like to listen to show tunes as from Evita, Phantom, Superstar, Cats, etc. I especially like the music from a show called "Smokey Joe's Café" by Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller because it reminds me of you youth. I even like classical music at times.

I second Dan's opinion of rap. It is way beyond sucking!

I listen to a lot of Miles Davis, Medeski martin and wood, Classical guitar, rumba/flamenco guitar, Early 20th century russian composers, Pretty much everything from Shastakovich to the Sex Pistols, just can't stand front line commercial stuff. Anything that's an honest product is welcome here. Duke Ellington said it best... "There are two kinds of music, good music and bad music.

I never cared for Miley cyrus, but when she did her backyard sessions, it was excellent.go figure...it was like a different person.
I love the old patsy cline.
Cassidy
How bout this olde...sendimental journy...one of my favorites
dang there is so many....who started this dang thread, tess.

I swing broad both ways. Dont care for Miley! I care about my music in my time!! Its still broad!! I love the rock of the 70's and country that gos wayyyy back. I was a singer in a band back in my day from the time I was 16 till I was In my 20's ...not a fan of rap unless its "walk this way "Arosmith!! In the same breath I love Blue grass and county. Ralph Stanley and Alison Maria Krauss the best. That just me!

Latest posts

Back