WineXpert what's next?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lmcirig

Reaction score
wim_lg.jpg

Although I just started, I'm already planning my next choice
smiley9.gif
I'd actually like to be able to give some wine away for Christmas. So I thought this wine looked good.

It's Green Apple Reisling. I basically was looking for something that doesn't need to age too long (only have 4 months- yikes!!)

Has anyone ever tried this? Did you like it? Should I go with something else? Any suggestions?

Also- is this considered fruit wine?

We made this for our second kit. We enjoyed it alot...so did all our friends. They are already asking when the next one will be ready! We followed the instuctions as written ...except... we added about 4lbs of sugar to the primary to kick up the abv(this voids the warranty) It was ready after a week in the bottle. If you like sweet wine try the Fantazia Tangerine Dream by Mosti Mondale its very nice,but only a 3 gallon kit.

Keep us posted on you progress
smiley20.gif

To me any type of wine is "wine"

The Island Mist Green Apple is a very nice wine Lisa. I have made several of the kits as I have a lot of people, especially ladies who just love it.

I agree, this is the best Island Mist kit there is as it is not as
sweet as the others( In otherwards perfect) There are others that are
good also like the Mango/Citrus Symphony and the Peach/Apricot
Chardonay. The others tend to be a little to sweet for most people and
require voiding the warranty by either adding more sugar or adding some
of the F-Pack during primary fermentation or by adding only some of the
F-Pack after fermentation is complete.

Thanks guys! I prefer red wines myself, but my Mom & Aunts like white. We decided a few years ago that we would stop buyingChristmas gifts, since the family is so large & no one really needs anything. We've been giving home made gifts to each other, but now I'll be the first to give wine
smiley4.gif
Although my cousin's wifehas caught wind & she's jealous
smiley36.gif

But in any event this one sounds good- thanks for the assistance!

Lisa, you may need to start more than one kit, in case you didnt know, WE are part of the family now!
smiley36.gif

Yikes! I wonder what my husband will say when he sees all of this. His friend came over last night & called me a drunk for just having the one kit going
smiley36.gif
I woner what kinds of names I be called then...

Lmcirig,
I would not call you a drunk, but I would call you verry smart. Giving home made gifts and about 30 bottles a pop is not very much $$ to boot.
My dad love blackberry and is getting the whole 30 bottles for this christmas.

Welcome and good luck with your next wine!! Green Apple is great!

Lisa,

There are people out there who will call you a drunk if you say the word 'wine' Trouble is, what they do in the privacy of their own home doesn't stand up to scrutiny either.

Read Psalm 139. It provides a beautiful example of how to be and how not to be. (My pastor went in depth this morning and just galvanized me)

Another site (whose name I will not mention because) has tee shirts that say "Make Wine. Jesus did"
smiley4.gif

My best friend at work is a black Southern Baptist who likes to go home after work and have a little Crown Royal and water. Whenever is preacher preaches about the sin of alcohol he grabs him after the service, nods towards some of the very heavy members of his congregation and says, "Hey, Rev, how come you never preach about the sin of gluttony?"

I too have struggled with drinking alcohol after getting back to church (Southern Baptist...yes way up here in little RI
smiley36.gif
) and accepting Jesus as my savior and baptism the right way, and now teaching the Pastor's adult Bible Study class.

No where in the Bible does it say that drinking alcohol is a sin that I know of but drunkenness definitely is so I am ok with it but never overindulge.Edited by: masta

Never heard of the black southern baptist denomination, guess I'm not up with the times. A lot of scripture does use wine metaphorically, alwaysrepresents good. I always figured its not what a man puts in his mouth, its what comes out that is most important.

This reminds me of the catalyst for me making my own wine...

I was watching "All Creatures Great and Small" and the hero makes a visit to a farmer who is an avid wine maker... They sample the wares and he goes stinking drunk to an emergency call. Of course those clients are strict Methodists and do not approve of drinking...

My son has asked a few questions though....

Back