What's new in your cellar?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Costco Score on the 2016 Intrinsic. Also grabbed some 2015 CSM Indian Wells Merlot for $9.88/bottle.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_cb.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_cb.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 31
In San Antonio for a few days visiting my Mom and one of our daughters. Made a Costco run and always find some good stuff at the local warehouse closest to my folks house. I snagged a marinated Tri Tip for dinner! Only have propane grill unfortunately but it will have to do. I am really interested in the California red blend I found @Johnd called "The Sum" This was a whopping $16.99 but it was bottled in a bottle that you would normally see a $40-50 bottle of wine in so will have to see if it is worthy of any praise.

http://www.klwines.com/p/i?i=1323805&cid=TPV-Winesearcher

The Gorman "Old Scratch" is Red Mountain Cabernet (91pt WS) and always a killer wine that has a MSRP of $28 but Costco had for $23. The Santa Christina is an excellent (90pt WS) Chianti that Costco had for $11. Future Pizza night for sure!

IMG_3262.jpg

These dudes came in last month and got stashed away, finally had a chance to open the cage. I picked this vertical of The Beast up on my trip to Napa, great wine (all 95-100)and a pretty cool presentation.
63CBEFC1-FDC2-4B4A-9689-44F3663FA94A.jpeg Also from last month, a 6 pack of ‘14 FF Winston Hill to add to the three already in the cellar, haven’t tried one just yet, but it’s been very well reviewed.44118AA7-49EC-4F2C-A487-C728C62BC682.jpeg

These dudes came in last month and got stashed away, finally had a chance to open the cage. I picked this vertical of The Beast up on my trip to Napa, great wine (all 95-100)and a pretty cool presentation.

I find it a bit odd that they chose the Lion of St. Mark to be "The Beast"... :?

OK, definitely the last arrival of “Spring”. This was shipped several weeks ago, but never made it here, somewhere in transport, the wooden box was crushed and most of the bottles were broken. Somebody had a mess on their hands. FF offered to re-send the box regular delivery last week, and the wine overnight with ice pack on their nickel, and I obliged. Both packages arrived this morning, the wine still nice and chilly. 2015 Patriarch and 2015 Winston Hill Rutherford Reserve Sangiovese safe and sound at 55F.
3BA9D36C-EC1C-4A3B-B4BA-78133BFC7BF2.jpeg

And every deal is not always a deal. This was a deal on a really great wine from an up and coming winery. When you get a minute can you tell me what RP gave this wine? WS gave it a 91. WE gave it a 93 and an "Editor's Choice" designation. Great reviews on CT.

Very nice!! Every deal’s not perfect for everyone, but there’s plenty of good deals to be had that you can’t beat. I like their service. Just wait til they do one of their marathons.......

Yep, for sure it’s no always the best, gotta do your research. WA doesn’t appear to have rated the ‘14, but judging from previous efforts, it’s a solid wine in the 90-92 range for several years running. Good score for sure.
7367754B-E037-4DA2-BD19-18964C805E95.png
And every deal is not always a deal. This was a deal on a really great wine from an up and coming winery. When you get a minute can you tell me what RP gave this wine? WS gave it a 91. WE gave it a 93 and an "Editor's Choice" designation. Great reviews on CT.

My fortune cookie from lunch today said I would be "rewarded in most special of ways" today. Hmmmm. I just loaded up on Mrs IB's favorite Summertime porch pounder (Vinho Verde) at TW (now open in Santa Fe). LOL icon_da.gif

IMG_3298.jpg

My fortune cookie from lunch today said I would be "rewarded in most special of ways" today. Hmmmm. I just loaded up on Mrs IB's favorite Summertime porch pounder (Vinho Verde) at TW (now open in Santa Fe). LOL
icon_da-gif.49107

I like the idea of a summertime porch pounder!

The Rotie showed up yesterday at..... 6:00PM on a day when we hit 90F. Had a nice chat with Mr FedEx Express driver about wine being a perishable product and it does me and the wine no good to pay for express air shipment during warm weather if the wine is just going to sit all day in the back of his truck. He was nice and said he could get it to me by noon and would be on the lookout next time. Last Bottle did put in an ice pack and the bottles were still slightly cool to the touch even though the pack was exhausted. IR temp gun showed 78F which was not too bad all things considered. Morning low temp yesterday was 50F so that also helped. Too bad anything ordered via FedEx air on the West coast goes from the West coast to Memphis then Memphis all the way back to ABQ then trucked up to Santa fe early the next morning and then on the truck for delivery. They need a hub closer to me!

1015721.jpg

Forgot to mention these two Costco finds from when we were down in Las Cruces for the Memorial Day weekend. Always seem to find some wines that were on my list but had not had a chance to snag from the winery. This time it was two nice ones. 2015 Gorman "Old Scratch" GSM Blend. This got 93pts WS and was a whopping $19.99. Its mostly Syrah with much lessor amounts of the G and M grapes. The other was the 2016 "Old Scratch" Chardonnay for only $16.99. No review yet on it but the '15 was only 87pts WS so nothing off the charts probably but a solid wine still.

IMG_3303.jpg

I was perusing the vast selection of wines at my local wine merchant (tens of thousands of bottles), and was holding one of these when the owner walked up to chat. He travels abroad every year to taste and buy, has great prices, knows wine, and I buy a lot of good wine from him. His price on this wine was already below anything I found, and he told me he’d knock and extra $20 off of each bottle if I bought the last two. Sold.................
359DBB26-EC8E-46AE-88C1-992B14D09851.jpeg

Dayumm........

I would have snagged both of those as well. #2 on WS Top 100 wines for 2013. Good score for sure!

You want to give me the name of that wine shop? LOL

Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 9.19.16 AM.png

I was perusing the vast selection of wines at my local wine merchant (tens of thousands of bottles), and was holding one of these when the owner walked up to chat. He travels abroad every year to taste and buy, has great prices, knows wine, and I buy a lot of good wine from him. His price on this wine was already below anything I found, and he told me he’d knock and extra $20 off of each bottle if I bought the last two. Sold.................

Back