What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what's in my mug this morning. My current coffee maker is a French Press (I rotate between an electric percolator, a stovetop percolator, espresso, and a drip machine). For French press, I make a full pot (they call it 8 cups, I call it 3), and fill a pair of travel mugs to keep the excess hot while not getting overly caffeinated.

For those not familiar with a French press, it's low tech coffee. Add ground coffee and hot water, macerate for 4 to 8 minutes (I like 7), and push the plunger down to separate the coffee from the grounds. I don't leave the coffee in the pot, as it will continue to extract caffeine, and that's way too much for me.

coffee.jpg

LOL that’s true! One of the best cups I had was a blend of what was left from several different bags.
Do you roast coffee? It's the best way to have a variety of fresh coffees, and the entrance point is not too bad. However, once ya start, ya gotta keep roasting.

No... I haven't roasted coffee... but now I'm thinking about it... LOL
This is the model I have -- it's low end, no automatics, so ya gotta watch it. The outside temperature matters greatly, e.g., when it's 40 F I have to add extra time vs when it's 75 F. I purchased from CoffeeProject -- you can find better prices, but CP includes 4 lbs of coffee. If you are interested, PM me.

https://coffeeproject.com/collections/fresh-roast/products/fresh_roast_sr540_coffee_roaster
I just ordered 8 lbs of coffee, 4 lbs each of 2 different ones. I like to try different coffees from around the world. I used to order from Amazon, the price can be better, but I'm finding CP offer consistently good quality.

This is what's in my mug this morning. My current coffee maker is a French Press (I rotate between an electric percolator, a stovetop percolator, espresso, and a drip machine). For French press, I make a full pot (they call it 8 cups, I call it 3), and fill a pair of travel mugs to keep the excess hot while not getting overly caffeinated.

For those not familiar with a French press, it's low tech coffee. Add ground coffee and hot water, macerate for 4 to 8 minutes (I like 7), and push the plunger down to separate the coffee from the grounds. I don't leave the coffee in the pot, as it will continue to extract caffeine, and that's way too much for me.

View attachment 85646
Another French Press fan here. We also really like the taste of coffee made in our Chem-Ex pour over style which makes more than the French Press. We tended to use these on weekends and the Bunn drip coffee-maker during the week (for ease and full pot quantity). That is until my wife asked what it would take for me to switch from the Bunn to the Chem-Ex for daily use. She said it just tastes so much better. Who was I to argue with her? We love our coffee!

Back