What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting! Here in New England toppings always go on top of the cheese.
yesss toppings on top - u want your toppings to be a little crispy - not soggy under cheese - also better presentation
i had a pizza joint for years - my mother co-signed for a loan when i was 18 years old - paid my way through university and some - 37 years later i sold it on to my workers(1 year ago)
we were about $2 more than anyone else in the city - sauce was home made from fresh tomatoes in the fall that were preserved in jars- sausage was hand/homemade - chunks - not slices
- dough was made and fermented for 2 days before going in the oven- the ends were beautify fluffy - when u make the zia always always use your hands to shape it - never a roller - so the air goes to the end
cheese was grated from bricks - as needed - lots of work -never used shredded bagged cheese - too much moisture
also no pineapple on my menu (sorry if offend anyone)
my father was from Sicily and my mother from Calabria got the best of both worlds
back in the day pizza was what ever u had in the fridge - a little sauce cheese, etc....
Rocky i'm sure u can relate to the old school way - a little flat bread sprinkled with olive oil, maybe sauce or cheese, etc,,,,
and yes anchovies

Stuffed pork tenderloin tonight, wrapped in prosciutto and baked. Simple filling -- Pampered Chef Greek seasoning, seasoned salt, and a "Mexican mix" of shredded cheeses. We had prosciutto left over from New Years eve dinner that needed using. Wrapping the pork kept it very moist.

pork.jpg

Last edited:
prawn linguine made with the petillant Dry Gulch Cyser (3 month rain drought) from 2022
Here is the recipe so you can make it:

Saute one extra large chopped onion in olive oil

Add enough of your homemade white wine to the onion so it doesn't burn

Add 2 small or 1 1/2 regular size yellow, orange or red bell peppers chopped to the onion.

Add a bit more white wine

Add a handful of chopped broccoli florets or celery or 1/2 of each.

Add 1 lb chopped fresh mushrooms white, cremini or portabella

Add 3 or 4 garlic pressed garlic cloves

Add some sage, thyme or basil and some nutmeg with some lemon pepper

Add 3 chopped tomatoes fresh tomatoes

Add a bit more white wine so nothing dries out

Add 1 package of thawed shelled frozen prawns (now boil 1/2 package of dry linguine in salted water. I do it for 10 minutes)

Add a bit of parsley.

Add some cream 1/2 and 1/2 or even coffee cream plus as much parmesean, Asiago or Romano grated cheese as you like and stir it in.

Turn the heat down so you don't overcook the prawns.

Drain the linguine and add it to the creamed prawns. Eat it with the white wine you used to make the prawn sauce.

Here is the recipe so you can make it:

Saute one extra large chopped onion in olive oil

Add enough of your homemade white wine to the onion so it doesn't burn

Add 2 small or 1 1/2 regular size yellow, orange or red bell peppers chopped to the onion.

Add a bit more white wine

Add a handful of chopped broccoli florets or celery or 1/2 of each.

Add 1 lb chopped fresh mushrooms white, cremini or portabella

Add 3 or 4 garlic pressed garlic cloves

Add some sage, thyme or basil and some nutmeg with some lemon pepper

Add 3 chopped tomatoes fresh tomatoes

Add a bit more white wine so nothing dries out

Add 1 package of thawed shelled frozen prawns (now boil 1/2 package of dry linguine in salted water. I do it for 10 minutes)

Add a bit of parsley.

Add some cream 1/2 and 1/2 or even coffee cream plus as much parmesean, Asiago or Romano grated cheese as you like and stir it in.

Turn the heat down so you don't overcook the prawns.

Drain the linguine and add it to the creamed prawns. Eat it with the white wine you used to make the prawn sauce.
You forgot “take drink of wine” between every step.

went old school
did a Dutch dish
Dutch Borenkoll Stamppot
mashed potatoes with Kale and swish Chard and bacon and my homemade sausage - it being Italian time of year for making sausage and salami time - i made a a huge batch
boiled the potatoes in a chicken stock is the key!

IMG_3076.jpg

Pretty day here for early February (mid 40s, lots of sunshine). Put some St. Loie cut ribs w/Kinder's brown sugar rub (in a hurry, so didn't make a rub). Will do 3-1-1 method, I guess it cuts down on the time in the foil so the meat doesn't just fall off the bone which some say points to them being overdone, we'll see (I'll take a quick poll of the meal participants). Yum! I hope.

2-4-24_ribs.jpg

Edit: FYI, the report back from the diners, they preferred this set of ribs where the meat held to the bone until you bit into it. Also liked the Kinder's rub I put on them. Guess this is how I'll do ribs from now on.

Last edited:
But...but..... that's Cilantro Lime Garlic Butter Shrimp! ;)

LOL

Last night I pressed the easy button and just use this stuff. It is out of bounds (good). The medium is quite spicy. I cut it sometimes with a little half and half. Add a few cups of fresh spinach if you want it a bit more healthy.

Screen Shot 2024-02-05 at 8.35.16 AM.png

Latest posts

Back