What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good Craig!

LeonardoDicaprio_Champagne.jpg

All family members actually ate the same meal. Miracles do happen!

Tomorrow I'm searing a sliced pork loin and then putting it in the crock pot with some onion soup mix cook for about 4 hrs, then add whole red potatos and sliced onions, cook for 2 more hrs, add baby carrots and finish up 1 hr ( I like my carrots crunchy). Usually very good.

Well, I sprinkled the pork loins with nature seasoning, and some roasted garlic:HB before searing them.

OMG I'm stuffed, it was so good.

:db:db:db:db:db:db

Pork loin wrapped in bacon, done on low in the crock pot all day. Served with garlicy red skinned mashed taters, salad (wifey making now), and some sauerkraut in there somewhere. Have a carboy I just emptied of a year old Italian Brunello kit which I'll swirl around to smell the wonderful essence of oak from the left over cubes. Might wash my hair with it later so I can smell it as I sleep. What more could you ask for?

Last edited:
I had some hungarian crapes called "palacsinta" .
First picture is making it in a frying pan .
Second picture is filled with banana and Nutella , then rolled up .

P_20170312_125149.jpg

P_20170312_122427.jpg

Last edited:
I had some hungarian crapes called "palacsinta" .
First picture is making it in a frying pan .
Second picture is filled with banana and Nutella , then rolled up .

If I could, I would like to give you 1,000 "likes"!!

My gandma used to make that for us (especially during lent). She made them in two varieties, one with farmer's cheese and one with jam.

Please, please, please, could you give me your recipe?? This is one of the dishes that had been considered a trandition, but was lost when my gandma died.

On Saturday, I teamed up with my SIL who was visiting from Atlanta.

We started cooking at around noon, started eating at 5pm, and finished up dessert around 9pm. We would eat in waves (eat a course, wait a bit, then eat the next).

For a starter, My plan was to make a cram of mushroom soup. I did pick up some mushrooms, and had them rung up on my receipt, but for some reason they were not placed into the bag. So, after a quick inventory of what I had on hand, I ended up making a potato/cheddar soup instead. This was the first time making it and I did not use any sort of recipe. Turned out yummy.

For a second course, I decided on a little experimentation on "What goes good with goat cheese". This took the form of a sampler having baked panko crusted goat cheese, cinnamon poached pear, Fresh Kiwi, baked apple, home made fig jam, fresh homemade basil pesto, thin rolls of parma ham, and home roasted red peppers marinated in basalmic vinegar. See picture.

At the end of this course, the votes for the best combinations were tallied. From now on, it will be just the goat cheese, the poached pear, and the fig jam. Each of these really complimented the goat cheese!

For dinner it was stuffed chicken, mash, gravey, and green beans. after stuffing, trussed the bird and used the diaper method to end up with a nice, moist, chicken. see pic.

For dessert, it was home made strawberry pie (strawberries were on sale) with fresh, whipped cream (by hand).

After dinner was all cleaned up, we spent an hour just trying to stay awake.

Sorry, no pic of the soup or the dessert...

IMG_4565.jpg

IMG_20170311_191951_799.jpg

At the end of this course, the votes for the best combinations were tallied. From now on, it will be just the goat cheese, the poached pear, and the fig jam. Each of these really complimented the goat cheese!

The sweet in the pear and jam would be great with the tangy goat cheese. Nice choice.

LOL I am surrounded by Pinon pine, Ponderosa pine and Juniper trees....

Too much work for me to mess with. I can find them sold locally all over the place including people selling them roasted on the side of the roads in these parts.

Costco has a nice bag of them usually but they are all "Product of China" as I suspect most every bag in any grocery store is......

In with the rest of the nuts at the grocery store. I take it you do?

Costco has a nice bag of them usually but they are all "Product of China" as I suspect most every bag in any grocery store is......

Ha. I once found a jar of pine nuts that said "Importato" and had a picture of a gondola on them. Well, they were "importato-ed" from Cina (Italian for China).

Also, google "pine mouth." I love pine nuts, and I hope never to experience that.

If I could, I would like to give you 1,000 "likes"!!

My gandma used to make that for us (especially during lent). She made them in two varieties, one with farmer's cheese and one with jam.

Please, please, please, could you give me your recipe?? This is one of the dishes that had been considered a trandition, but was lost when my gandma died.

I use a simple batter :
500 ml of milk
2 eggs (large )
pinch of salt
200 mg of flour
mix the batter in a blender
1/2 tsp oil before frying in the hot pan
pour a thin layer of batter in the pan check the bottom for color and turn it .
fill it and roll it up . Many different kind of filling you can use . Nuttela , any jam , fruit , walnuts , poppy seed , cocoa ... Sprinkel icing sugar on top if you wish .
Check the internet and YouTube for filling recipes , but don't change the batter . Farmer's cheese is the same as cottage cheese ? The cottage cheese filling is one of my favorite also .:try:b

Back