What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You spent the day making a brisket and then went to a friends for dinner?

Leaving it completely untouched. 😲

I know that we all try to keep it clean around here, but I can't.

You sir! are a F'n legend!
Brisket was done but cannot be touched for a couple hours at least, will most likely put in fridge overnight once it cools down and then oven tomorrow

Called it a day around 200F, turned off bbq and left brisket alone.
Headed to a friend and this reminded me of @sour_grapes maybe not as perfect but this lamb rack was seasoned to goodness 👌👌

View attachment 88990

If that is not perfection, I don't want to be a perfectionist! :HB

I smoked baby back ribs today. We had 3 slabs from last fall that needed using up, so I smoked all 3. This is serious overkill for 3 people, but it costs as much charcoal, wood, and time for "enough" ribs as it does for "too much". My son was very pleased to take half a slab home for dinner tomorrow!

ribs_01.jpg

I used one of the coolers that a FWK arrived in for storing oak. When I rack off aging oak, I rinse it well, dry on paper towels, and store for later. Today was later, as I soaked it in water for 2 hours before adding to the smoker.

ribs_02.jpg

I also changed my rub recipe, replacing cayenne with chipotle peppers and substituting some paprika for chile powder. My wife and son said today's ribs were my best, crusty on the outside, moist and tender inside.

ribs_03.jpg

I smoked baby back ribs today. We had 3 slabs from last fall that needed using up, so I smoked all 3. This is serious overkill for 3 people, but it costs as much charcoal, wood, and time for "enough" ribs as it does for "too much". My son was very pleased to take half a slab home for dinner tomorrow!

View attachment 89012

I used one of the coolers that a FWK arrived in for storing oak. When I rack off aging oak, I rinse it well, dry on paper towels, and store for later. Today was later, as I soaked it in water for 2 hours before adding to the smoker.

View attachment 89013

I also changed my rub recipe, replacing cayenne with chipotle peppers and substituting some paprika for chile powder. My wife and son said today's ribs were my best, crusty on the outside, moist and tender inside.

View attachment 89014
I have never once experienced too much when it comes to ribs. There have been leftovers, but never too much...No no no!

They will not go waste.

View attachment 89012

View attachment 89013

View attachment 89014

wow you those look delicious 😋

Last edited:
Back