What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last week we had a late lunch in Sedona at Moonies English pub. They served an awesome Cherry Malt Vinegar with the fish and chips that was just black cherries cooked down in Malt Vinegar. I duplicated it and used some to make up a Vinaigrette to marinate some baby Bellas and grape tomatoes to go with Rib Eye and Mac and cheese.
IMG_0015.jpegIMG_0016.jpeg

Last week we had a late lunch in Sedona at Moonies English pub. They served an awesome Cherry Malt Vinegar with the fish and chips that was just black cherries cooked down in Malt Vinegar. I duplicated it and used some to make up a Vinaigrette to marinate some baby Bellas and grape tomatoes to go with Rib Eye and Mac and cheese.
View attachment 89195View attachment 89196
Keep it warm until I get there. On my way and will arrive sometime on Tuesday, maybe Wednesday depending on traffic. :D

Don't hog it all. Some of us can't get there until next weekend at the earliest.
You know the scene at the end of Field Of Dreams where the camera pans out and there are headlights in the distance as far as you can see?

Better get the BBQ warmed up Mike. WMT is coming for dinner!

That sure looks like salmon to me. Either that or it was one big ass trout!
It's some type of sea trout, I think. NOTHING like the stream trout we fished for when I was a kit -- an entire fish (including head and tail) was shorter than this filet.

It tastes a bit different from salmon, but fairly close. The Mrs. likes both but prefers trout so we tend to get it -- I'm good with either.

This was a Costco purchase and the smallest package was over 3 lbs. We'll be eating trout 4 times this week, although the second filet will be cooked differently. We may coat that one in cornmeal and pan fry.

Latest posts

Back