What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a base of lump charcoal and then I have pecan and apple wood from orchards here in NM to add on top.

Also I am a sauce on the side type of guy. I like to taste the smoke and meat and then dabble a little bit of sauce as I see fit.

Nice!! what wood did u use?

Kroger pork butt BOGO this week, or Publix $1.99/lb.

Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 10.48.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 10.50.42 AM.png

Makes me wish I had the time to fire this up. Brand? It's a JimCo. Holds up to 8 butts in one filling.

smokers010.jpg

I also own the other model JimCo. makes.

pron012.jpg

pron011.jpg

The JimCo. Upright Barrel Smoker is more efficient than the JimCo. Double Barrel Smoker, but they are both fun. Man, when my buddy was still alive we'd do 150-200 pounds at a time. I built a UBS for him, too.

Here's what I really miss, though... smoked goat. I used to have a herd of 60 and man, that meat tastes awesome smoked.

pron022.jpg

Anyway, too busy this weekend again. It might be Memorial Day weekend before I get a clear shot. Sigh...

Next time you guys have the smoker fired up, once you have your main cook done, have a couple of Fatties in the refrigerator you can put on to finish up. A Fatty is just a package of Jimmy Dean sausage with rub sprinkled on it. You can split it and put a hunk of your favorite cheese in it if you want. Keep it in the fridge until you are ready to put it on so it holds its shape. I always like to take them off, cool them, bag them up, and slice them later for sandwiches. Boy, that is good with some mayo on the bread. Try it.

pron018.jpg

The one on the left is plain, the other is cheese stuffed. I suppose Mike would have to sneak a pepper in there, too.

pron023.jpg

See how much he used to appreciate my cooking?

hillbilly007a.jpg

Aren't these supposed to be wrapped in bacon, or is that just for those with nothing left to live for?

They are often given the bacon weave treatment. Even with plenty to live for. Especially with plenty to live for.

@jswordy is that $1.99 the sale price? Eek!

Latest posts

Back