What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Friday was pizza night. Did a few - all in the oven, sadly. But they were still good.

First one, pepperoni:

DSC_0976_zps542be933.jpg

Second, plain cheese:

DSC_0978_zps68425583.jpg

Finally, a Margherita. A little too much cheese made this a bit soupy. Still good though.

DSC_0985_zps35a8fb82.jpg

On Saturday, I made a large shrimp cocktail, greek salad, caprese, fillet mignon with rock lobster tails, Sweet corn, baked potatoes, and peach crustad with crème anglais.

Wish I took a picture!

Hubby took us out to a great lil Mexican joint. We get their fajita especial for 2, and it is AMAZE-DICULOUS! Chips, salsa, fresh guacamole, and 2 individual frijoles con pico for appetizer, 1 plate of rice, refried beans, and pico de gallo on lettuce each with entree, and the fajitas come with fresh soft flour tortillas and this gigantic steaming cast iron behemoth fajita with onion, green, red, yellow, and orange peppers, tomato, onion, mushroom, chorizo, shrimp, strip steak, chicken breast, and topped off with several thin steaks.

Lord bless, it's a gluttoner's fantasy! It always makes a second meal for us from leftovers, and only costs like $23.

Next time, I'll have to take a pic. It is truly beautiful!

Lunch, technically :) I was at home with my little guy and he was napping during Mommy's lunch hour. Gluten free spaghetti with scallops and shrimp in a tarragon cream sauce. Topped with fresh heirloom tomatoes.

IMG_20140820_121914.jpg

I need an Easy Button!!!!

After visiting the Dr.'s office today and finding out that I am within 6 oz of being no longer in the "ideal weight" category and into the "overweight" category of their chart (you know.. that chart of B.S.) I decided to go super lean.

I fixed steamed broccoli, corn on the cob, and sliced tomatoes all pilfered from my brother's garden. I whipped up some sweet/garlic chicken breast to go with, and it was AMAZING! and HEALTHY! and CHEAP! I had a glass of my peach/passion with it and they paired beautifully. Lovely meal with the kids.

I need an Easy Button!!!!

After visiting the Dr.'s office today and finding out that I am within 6 oz of being no longer in the "ideal weight" category and into the "overweight" category of their chart (you know.. that chart of B.S.) I decided to go super lean.

I fixed steamed broccoli, corn on the cob, and sliced tomatoes all pilfered from my brother's garden. I whipped up some sweet/garlic chicken breast to go with, and it was AMAZING! and HEALTHY! and CHEAP! I had a glass of my peach/passion with it and they paired beautifully. Lovely meal with the kids.

Couldn't you simply remove your shoes or get a hair cut? That should lighten things up by 6oz. LOL :)

Couldn't you simply remove your shoes or get a hair cut? That should lighten things up by 6oz. LOL :)

Hahahaha! Yeah! I suppose for future reference, I should wear my lightest clothes and go commando! HA!

I was 6 oz on the good side. I'd rather stay on the good side too. We normally eat healthy anyway, but that's kind of a kick in the butt to stop slacking off so much. And to Hell with giving up my wine, that ain't happening! I enjoy THOSE empty calories.

Caprese burgers tonight. Burgers seasoned with garlic and Italian herbs, then topped with melted provolone, fresh mozz, tomato, basil and balsamic vinaigrette.

My first attempt at a deep dish pizza. It is in the oven now. I'll post pics later - if it comes out OK. :D

Back