What Yeast

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomy

Reaction score
I am going to try to make 1 Gal using concentrate.2 cans Pomegrannate Blueberry 1 can Pomegrannate cranberry & 1 can Apple Grape Raspberry. I do have a White Grape Raspberry available if you think it would fit better in the mix, as I do not want to overpower the different flavors with one kind of berry. My aim is to have a wine with different flavors comming through,and like a great dish one can just discern the different spices used to add to the flavor and smell. I sure hope I said this correctly as my grasp of the terminology of wine making is lacking at this time, still taking baby steps. lol.

Now to theproblem: I have available Cote des Blancs, Pasteur Red, Montrachot, Pasteur Champagne. I am leaning toward the Cote des Blancs as it should bring out the bouquet of the different berrys. I will start with a hydrometer reading of 1085-1080 unless I should go a bit higher.
Fermentation will be at 72f Thanks for your help I really appreciate it.
Tomy
smiley32.gif
PS: the hydrometer reads 1090 without adding yeast & toping off with h2o.Edited by: Tomy

The cote des blancs is as good as any,and has a lower alc tolerence{13-14%}.I use it onthese kinds of wines with good results.I dont think the rasberry will mix well with the pomegrannate but have never tried it.
4 cans will give you a lot of flavor in a gallon.Ive been taking my Sg to 1110 with that yeast,and it still finishs almost dry.

Thanks lockdude (George) I did use the Cote de Blancs with yeast nutrient, shook the heck out of the jug and installed air lock using Capt Morgain Select Stock in the bubbler, as I don't drink vodka.

Pom.jpg
Today my Pomegrannate is bubbling away nicely, and my Apple, Grape Raspberry is about ready to go into the secondary. Iposted the wrong picture, but hey its a picture of my work Tomy
smiley32.gif
Edited by: Tomy

I would clean out that airlock if you have not done so already.

Latest posts

Back