WHAT WILL YOUR WINES FOR THANKSGIVING BE ?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the Packers or Cowboys will make it to the Superbowl but the Greatriots will win and complete the perfect season at 19-0!
smiley20.gif

The only team that had a chance to beat us was the Colts but they are done.

Happy Thanksgiving to all !!!!!!

Be thankful for all you have,all the men and women that are protecting our freedoms, the fine wines we make......
and for the next SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS....THE GREENBAY PACKERS to win today!!!!!

MR & Mrs Chevy

I finally chose our wines. We're having "friends in for dinner!"
We'll start with Ramona's City Streets Riesling the on to Steve Angell's South Africa Shiraz and for dessert, Waldo's Cat's Meow Muscadine wine.
20071122_114635_choices.jpg

We haven't eaten yet, but we're into our 2nd bottle of wine. Ramona, your riesling is devine! Just the right amount of fruit flavor and not overly sweet. Great job! The bottle is empty. (And yes, it's been over the course of several hours.)
Steve Angell, Wow! Your Shiraz is fabulous! I love the tannins in it! Holy buckets, Batman! I think there's a leak in the bottle because it's no longer full!

Last night we enjoyed three bottles: a 2005 Acacia Chardonnay, a 2005 Gloria Ferrer Carneros Pinot Noir, and a Markham Merlot.

Why not bottles of my own wine - it is simply not their time. :)

- Jim

We never got into the last bottle of wine last night. Only Bert and I were drinking wine and really, we don't need more than 2 bottles between the two of us over the course of a day. Tonight, we go into the Cats Meow!

Same here PWP........ I was saving the Port from Waldo for dessert, but by the time we got to that point, everyone wanted coffee to stay awake.............

I think that was around 7:30................

We had another fantastic Thanksgiving and I really enjoyed trying the different wines I brought back from Winestock. The Green Tea Ginger was our apertif (did I spell tthat right?) PWP's Chokecherry paired very well witrh the dressing and cranberry sauce and the Elderberry was a great match with the Ham and my daughters Sweet Potato dumplings.
ramonaswine.jpg

katwithturkry.jpg

ham.jpg

dressing.jpg

sherriessweettater.jpg

Looks like a meal for a king there Waldo, We had Jobes Blackberry Port for dessert and everyone loved it. Thank goodness that not many people in my family drink cause that bottle would not have made it far, especially with me trying to horde it as Ive had it before!!!!!!!!!!

Hard to believe a year has already come and gone so lets keep this one going....
What is everyone going to be serving for Thanksgiving this year?

Going with my 2006 RJS limited Malbec followed by my Cranberry. For dessert I will either open a White Chocolate Port or 1 of Jobes Blackberry Ports depending on what the visiting team wants, maybe even both, what the heck I finish the left overs anyway.

What ever they want and lots of it....

I am cooking for the Dys'fun'ctional neighbors....
It get's weirder every year....
smiley4.gif
This year my girlfriend will have her estranged husband as well as her ex here...their kids with their girlfriends and their babies....as well there will be a few 'strays' stop by....

All my life I have cooked for the 'out-casts' and love it....it doesn't get any better or more fun than this.

For sure there will be Cranberry wine and Chokecherry wine...a taste of Jalapeño wine, Trinity wine and what ever turns their cranks.....

The only thing 'Traditional' is the meal....Turkey/Ham and the whole ball of wax.

I want to consume more than my share to make up for lost time.....
smiley4.gif

A good time is always had by all.

Edited by: Northern Winos

I'm going with a pinot noir -- for the main wine -- and would post a label if I had this MAC figured out yet! Maybe in time for Thursday!
smiley36.gif

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Dave

My inlaws are on their way down. They don't drink and neither does my wife. So me and the dog are going to open one of my last Crushendo Montagnacs.

I'm still toying with a non traditional Thanksgiving meal.I have a recipe for Enchilada soup and I'm thinking about that with home made Parmesan & Sun dried tomato bread.

Oil, you and me both. I love this Mac and slowly getting used to it.
smiley36.gif

We saved that bottle of Port from Waldo that we didn't drink last year, so this year it's getting opened. The we will have (before dinner), Wades Cranberry wine (to get everyone in the mood), and for dinner, we always have the Scuppernong wine.

I still have a bottle of JW's Choke Cherry wine that I'm dying to try, but he told me to let it age and has never told me if it was drinkable now (bottled 8/07). IS IT READY JW????

I am going to try to be in charge of wines this year. We're having stir fry shrimp, egg rolls and fried rice. All made from scratch. There will be celery wine with the egg rolls for sure, and then something heavier with the stir fry and rice. Decisions, decisions...
smiley4.gif

Will sip "Sweet Corn wine" while dinner is prepared. With the Ham and all of the trimmings we will have "Hibiscus wine". After Dinner we will have "Ment wine"

Sweet Corn Wine.....that's one way to get your vegetables....

I might have to make some of that next year......Could you use corn that you froze in the fall????

Latest posts

Back