WHAT WILL YOUR WINES FOR THANKSGIVING BE ?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldo

Reaction score
My selection of winesI will be serving on Thanksgiving day are:
A Green Tea Ginger from Ramona
An Elderberry from Joan
An Amarone from Trashy
A Light Choke Cherry from PWP
The reflections from the centerpiece make Ramona's wine appear to be a lava lamp.
Can't wait to give these a try.
Hope all of you have a teriffic Thanksgiving and remember in yourgiving thanks,the joy of the Freedom we experience and the debt we owe to those who have provided it.

20071121_025327_thanksgiving_wi.jpg
Edited by: Waldo

Same to you Waldo.
smiley1.gif

Mine is the sangeovese/ I finally have a wine that is over a year in the bottle.

Nice selection Waldo...your thoughts will be with the Members at that meal.

We will be having Cranberry Wine from store bought juice [it's quite good] Chokecherry Wine, Rhubarb/Pineapple and might dégorge some of it in the Sparkling style, and any other wine anyone wants to try.

Boy, PWP's Chokecherry wine is really light in color....I see why she calls it light....anxious to hear how that one was. Looking to make other styles of Chokecherry wine with some of the juice we have.

Happy Thanksgiving to all....
popnpour.gif

I'll be serving four different (diff yeast foir each) muscadine wines, bottled Monday night. Also available will be (all bottled over the weekend) Cantaloupe, Cherry, and MM all juice Amarone.

We will be having Blackberry, Pomagranit, Mint, & Chocolate Manderin.
hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and a safe one

Northern Winos said:
Boy, PWP's Chokecherry wine is really light in color....I see why she calls it light....anxious to hear how that one was. Looking to make other styles of Chokecherry wine with some of the juice we have.

Happy Thanksgiving to all....
popnpour.gif
The Choke Cherry is the one with the yellow lady slippers on the label. All I see is the reflection off the bottle...
We had some of the light last night. Oh man, I am so glad we have free access to choke cherries! I think it's one of my very favorite country wines. We haven't figured out yet what we're having as far as wine goes...

PWP...okay....I see your familiar label now.

We still have your Pineapple Wine from last year....Maybe I'll break that out tomorrow too...Is it dry or sweet????? One gal that is coming likes sweet wines.

Joan said:
I'm thinkin' all you folks are going to be mighty drunk!!!
smiley4.gif

Taking Joan's advise, we will be having:

From Left to right:

Wades Watermelon Merlot (you have no idea the patience it took to leave that bottle alone).

JW's Wild Grape wine (the Minnesota Version) (Ditto above)

Waldo's Port, Again, Ditto above........... Keeping my hands off these for so long was one of the harder tings I have ever done........ but tomorrow is the day!

20071121_142845_100_2754_resize.JPG

Then we'll have a couple bottle of Scuppernong wine to go with the white meat of the Turkey.

20071121_143051_100_2756_resize.JPG

It looks darker than it is because of the red table cloth.

Thanks Joan for the great advise on getting drunk, we just may do that.
Edited by: jobe05

Nothern, the pineapple will be just fine for your sweet lady. She won't choke on it but she will enjoy it.

We will be having a bottle Of Jobes Port(Ditto here about patience Jobe), Blueberry Pinot Noir, Spiced Apple, and Cranberry.

I will be breaking out a Valipollicella and a Barolo from my personal stash and the rest will be commercial. Since we will be feasting with friends that also make their own wine, I will get to sample some of theirs. Have a great holiday everyone!

jobe05 said:
Joan said:
I'm thinkin' all you folks are going to be mighty drunk!!!
smiley4.gif

Taking Joan's advise, we will be having:

From Left to right:

Wades Watermelon Merlot (you have no idea the patience it took to leave that bottle alone).

JW's Wild Grape wine (the Minnesota Version) (Ditto above)

Waldo's Port, Again, Ditto above........... Keeping my hands off these for so long was one of the harder tings I have ever done........ but tomorrow is the day!

20071121_142845_100_2754_resize.JPG

Then we'll have a couple bottle of Scuppernong wine to go with the white meat of the Turkey.

20071121_143051_100_2756_resize.JPG

It looks darker than it is because of the red table cloth.

Thanks Joan for the great advise on getting drunk, we just may do that.

That advice was completely free, Jobe!
smiley4.gif

I will be enjoying your Scuppernong now that I know how to spell it! I think we'll break into the blackberry jelly too!

All of the wines you are serving sound so good.

I won’t be able to server wine with dinner, my son is a resident advisor for the college and won’t be able to come home for dinner, so my husband, friends and I are bringing dinner to the college for him and the other students who can’t go home for Thanksgiving. We can't serve alcohol at the school, so maybe I will open a bottle of my Italian Pinot Grigio the next night with leftovers.

I hope you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!

B M W said:
</span></font> We can't serve alcohol at the school,
</span></font>

</font>

NO ALCOHOL AT A COLLEGE....................

BWWWAAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
20071121_160404_Laughing_RoflSm.gif

Yeah, thats pretty funny. I think its just that wine is not allowed as they are having a kegger!!!!!!!!!!!!
smiley36.gif

That is funny
smiley36.gif
, I'm sure there will be alcohol, we just can't serve it
smiley19.gif
On my son's 21st bday I was there with bottle of home madewine in hand. It is sad I lost my designated driver, but now I can send him to the liquor store if needed
smiley1.gif
and he always has a drink for me when I come to visit, so the way I see it, everything works out in the end. I'm such a lucky mom.

We will be going to the Outlaw's for dinner with only 4 adults and 3 of us who drink.

I will be enjoying some of my last bottle of RJ Spagnol's L'Collage which has been aged in the cellar 2 years.

L’Collage is a collection of the finest red varietals: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Cabernet franc. Dark, intense, and brilliant ruby red in colour, this blend shows a nose rich in cassis and spice. On the palate the spice is enhanced by flavours of vanilla.

The wife will be having some Winexpert World Vineyard Australian Riverland Reserve.

The mother-in-law will be drinking some of the cheap stuff out of a box!
smiley36.gif

Were going to the daughters this year, will take a few Sam Adams while watching the game. GO PACK

Latest posts

Back