What white wine has a hint of peaches?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olusteebus

Reaction score
I want to make a white wine with alexanders concentrate and mix with white grape and peach concentrate. I would like to do that with a wine that is often described as having a hint of peaches.

Would it be Chardonnay, pinot grigio, riesling, sauvignon blanc, or what?

Certain chards can have a hint of peach, but generaly I believe they are more often described as having melon/honeydew instead of peach..

Voigner would be my first choice but the problem is that Alexanders has a limited choice. I am thinking pinot Chardonnay or riesling.

I know that Alexanders is not looked on favorably with lots of wine makers but I was surprised by the wine I made. I used two cans of cabernet and 5 jars of blackberry and it was wonderful.

so, I am thinking two cans of white concentrate and 5 cans of welches white grape and peach. I will have about $2 bucks a bottle and if it comes out near as good as the cabernet/blackberry blend, I will be overjoyed.

Thanks to all for suggestions.

I would never dis Alexander's. We've made some fabulous wines with it and also like to make their burgundy and blend with concord.

I would also vote for Reisling with the peach. And actually, a good fruit-style Chard would be excellent with peach. One year we made raspberry Chard---I think Chard in fruit-style would go well with any fruit flavor. (Fruit-style means no MLF) Niagara would be good too, as that grape blends with EVERYTHING.

I agree with the 2 cans of Alexander's Reisling plus 5 cans of Welches Niagra & Peach concentrate. I'd reserve one can of the peach for post fermentation, that will make the peach stand out more.

Oh I like Alexanders myself although I have only used it one time. I would imagine that three cans would make a very good 6 gallons. Better than many more expensive kits.

But for 3 cans of Alexanders plus 5 cans of Welches White grape and Peach, the cost is about the same as RJS Orchard Breezin' Peach Perfection.

olusteebus---Where you thinking about co-fermenting the Alexander's WITH the peach concentrate? The way we made our rasp Chard was to ferment the Chard--then when aged and clear and ready to bottle, we added the rasp. The flavors are more retained when doing it this way, instead of fermenting it altogether.

I fermented the cabernet and blackberry jam together. I was planning on doing the same. I am really hoping the peach flavor will be more of a note as opposed to being fairly dominant.

Ahh.... that sounds yummy :)

The best peach I've tasted had that peachy aroma more than anything.

Did you ever consider using PEACHES in the ferment as opposed to the concentrate? I only say this because we used the white grape/peach concentrate one time when we were backsweetening, and the peach flavor was real tamped down.

I have read that Viognier also has some of these priorities if I remember correctly! Maybe I'm wrong lol

Latest posts

Back