What Next?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jake77

Reaction score
I am looking for a recomendation for my 3rd kit. I would like to do a white Orchard Breezin or Island Mist, something that would be more drinkable while the first 2 age. BTW. My first kit is a reisling that is clearing (or suposed to be) right now and I started a piesporter yesterday. I would also like to get the ABV up a little also with one of those kits, say, maybe 9 or 10% but dont want it to bite. I was thinking about the watermelon or green apple. What do you think?

Those 2 kits are both awesome and wont go wrong with either. I did the Watermelon and upped the ab with 4lbs of sugar and its perfect.

I bought the Green Apple Riesling and am ready to start it. I am thinking about getting the ABV up a little to say a SG of 1.065. My calculations show I will need to add almost 2 pounds of sugar and should give me somewhere around 8.5% ABV. Does anyone advise to not do this with this kit or would the SG be to high?

I think that would make it nice but wouldnt go much higher with this kit as it is a delicate kit unlike some other sweet bombs.

I did a Green Apple with a starting SG of 1.080 that was very nice as a cool summer drink....Good Luck

Latest posts

Back