What is your age?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your age.

• Total voters
Will be sixty on 9/11 and fermenting for a little over 4 years. Wish I had started my vines back then!

I'm 38 and 3+ years into winemaking. This forum has been one of my most valued sources of info.

I'm at the stage where I'm looking at bonds and sourcing grapes from a friend's farm, and even considering getting a distiller's license and doing brandies (that ONLY if I go the retail route, it doesn't make sense to distill at all if it's for personal consumption, prohibitively expensive).

Will be sixty on 9/11 and fermenting for a little over 4 years. Wish I had started my vines back then!

I know this feeling! I mean, I'm still relatively young, but I wish I'd planted vines when I'd moved in 4 years ago, it's painful trimming away fruit in favor of developing the wood...

Youth is the gift of birth, but proper aging is a work of art.

I'm 2 score plus 12 more :sm

49 years old...

Planted 300 vines this year, more to come...

Grandpa made wine (and beer) from the 1920's thru the 1960's, guess I take after him!

I'm 41. I started about 3 years ago. I got into this because of celiac. Making my own is much cheaper than buying GF. Still looking for the cider recipe that is comparable to store bought. This has turned into a fun hobby that i wish i would have started years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

I'm 41. I started about 3 years ago. I got into this because of celiac. Making my own is much cheaper than buying GF. Still looking for the cider recipe that is comparable to store bought. This has turned into a fun hobby that i wish i would have started years ago.

Cheers to another Celiac! I'm busy working with cider right now as well. I've got a great recipe from an old forum member if you're interested. PM me if you are!

59 in a few weeks and I think I have decided to stay at 59, NoSnob, my youngest was a doc, served with the Marines in Iraq. His heart will always be with his Marine Unit.

I'm feeling extremely young in this community, I am 18 years old and I'm making wines for over 3/4 years now.

35 here, entering my 3rd wine making season.

As others have said, I wish I gotten into this years ago. I enjoy this much more than I thought I would!

40, making wine for about 6 months and loving it. After a random discussion with a co-worker about making mead (and then making a few one gallon batches), I started getting the equipment together to do larger batches. But with the high cost of local raw honey, I migrated over to country fruit wines and DB.

And a couple weeks ago brewed my first batch of beer. Definitely a radically different process than wine, but I enjoy them both.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back