How much wine do you make?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much wine do you make per year?

• 1 to 5 gallons / 4 to 19 liters

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 6 to 10 gallons / 23 to 38 liters

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • 11 to 25 gallons / 42 to 95 liters

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • 26 to 50 gallons / 98 to 189 liters

Votes: 31 33.0%
  • 51 to 75 gallons / 193 to 284 liters

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • 76 to 100 gallons / 288 to 379 liters

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • 101 to 150 gallons / 382 to 568 liters

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • 151 to 200 gallons / 572 to 757 liters

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • 200+ gallons / 758+ liters

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, we tried to figure out the business model but never got serious about it. There were (are) two franchises in the area. One on Austin and one in the biggest suburb of Austin. They did a lots of different marketing schemes like private parties and groups and live music a couple times a month. We always thought they could have done more with the atmosphere. Make it more winery like but cost may have been too much for the margins, I don’t know if it was a licensing thing or what but they closed at 7:00 and were not open on Sunday. It did not have a bar vibe but definitely had regulars (guilty). I don’t know if it’s ok to put the name here so I won’t. They pretty much did everything for you so I didn’t learn much until I started making it myself.

I make 200 gallons per year for friends and family I can’t legally make anymore without having licensing or I would go over 200. I mean technically you could chance it but not worth the risk. I also work for a commercial winery and that winery makes like 38k cases a year.

I guess I am still on the initial slope, albeit with vines. Planted 10 the first year, additional 25 the next and I'm thinking I need an additional 25 this year. 1st crop this year and I am SOOOO excited.

I "think" a full sized barrel (225L) is a good annual target. We'll see.

I guess I am still on the initial slope, albeit with vines. Planted 10 the first year, additional 25 the next and I'm thinking I need an additional 25 this year. 1st crop this year and I am SOOOO excited.

What did you plant? All one varietal, or are you making a field blend?

That’s what I did with some of my vines I’ve planted vines over a about 7 year period gradually adding more and more over time. I also have access to a large Zinfandel vineyard that I use as well that a buddy owns.

Latest posts

Back