What is the approximate alcohol percent of the wine expert choc rasp port?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abefroman

Reaction score
For those of you that have made CRP:
What is the approximate final alcohol percent of the wine expert choc rasp port?

Its hard to tell since you add the chapalization pack.

I don't have my notes with me, but it can't be higher than the supplied yeast strain will allow. Of course I always add at least one bottle of brandy, anyway.

Chaptilization is not too hard to figure in. Take SG just before chaptilization, then take it afterward. Add the difference to the starting SG.
ABV = (New start SG - true ending SG) times 131. That's approx, but close enough.

I don't have my notes with me, but it can't be higher than the supplied yeast strain will allow. Of course I always add at least one bottle of brandy, anyway.

Chaptilization is not too hard to figure in. Take SG just before chaptilization, then take it afterward. Add the difference to the starting SG.
ABV = (New start SG - true ending SG) times 131. That's approx, but close enough.

Ah, didn;t know that, whats high abv for lalvin ec-1118, goes up to 18%, so would 15-17% sound right for the average CRP?

Ah, didn;t know that, whats high abv for lalvin ec-1118, goes up to 18%, so would 15-17% sound right for the average CRP?

Sounds about right, but just don't have my notes handy. I also don't remember if it comes with EC-1118 or not. I do remember it comes with 2 packets of yeast, and both should be used. Sorry I am not much help.

My OG was 1.128. I did the chaptalisation in two stages and measured the SG before and after I added the sugar solution. On the first add, my SG went up by 0.004 and by 0.006 on the second add. My ferment finished at 1.010. So I am assuming that I would just add the extra gravity from the chaptalisation to my starting point and get an equation something like this ((1.128 + 0.004 + 0.006) - 1.010) x 131.25 and get a ABV of 16.8% without adding brandy or anything else

My OG was 1.128. I did the chaptalisation in two stages and measured the SG before and after I added the sugar solution. On the first add, my SG went up by 0.004 and by 0.006 on the second add. My ferment finished at 1.010. So I am assuming that I would just add the extra gravity from the chaptalisation to my starting point and get an equation something like this ((1.128 + 0.004 + 0.006) - 1.010) x 131.25 and get a ABV of 16.8% without adding brandy or anything else

That's right the way to measure it.

Latest posts

Back