What do you think of this wine idea

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wine Jelly is going to be in this years Christmas baskets...as well I have been collecting recipes for mixes you layer and put in decorated jars....got recipes for soups, cookies, and dog treats...should be fun projects....
smiley4.gif

Northern Winos said:
I always give home made stuff...would gladly share those recipes, if anyone is interested....

dog biscuits? I'd like to see that one.

smiley20.gif

Yay!
I wish I could say I made it from my own stuff. My vines are only a year old & don't even have their trelliss yet... I really need to get on that. Someday I hope to make my own!

I'd be happy to send a jar (where to?).
I gotta figure all this stuff out still! Can you tell I'm really nervous/curious/excited about it?

Edited by: geocorn

Got the idea of these jar recipes from my 'Chemo-Buddy'..... we have shared a cubicle for the last 6 treatments....she loaned me her recipe books and gave me these cookie cutters and fabric to decorate the jars...
20060822_124407_Picture_003.jpg

Here is a recipe from her book..

<center>MIX FOR DOG TREATS IN A PINT JAR</center>

LAYER INGREDIENTS IN PINT JAR IN ORDER GIVEN INTO WIDE MOUTH PINT JAR. PRESS EACH LAYER FIRMLY.

3/4 CUP WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR
1/3 CUP POWDERED MILK
MIX THE NEXT 4 INGREDIENTS AND PLACE IN JAR:
1/4 TSP SALT
1/2 TSP GARLIC POWDER
2 TSP BROWN SUGAR
2 TSP BEEF BULLION GRANULES
3/4 CUP MORE WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR
[Have seen another recipe that has some wheat germ in it]

Decorate top of jar with fabric and tie a dog bone shaped cookie cutter to jar with ribbon or raffia.

Write these instructions on a tag or label

<center>DOG TREATS</center>

EMPTY CONTENTS OF JAR INTO MEDIUM BOWL
ADD:
1 EGG
1/2 CUP WATER
1/4 CUP OIL OR BACON DRIPPINGS
MIX WELL
ROLL INTO 1/2" THICKNESS AND CUT WITH COOKIE CUTTER. PLACE ON A SPRAYED BAKING SHEET.
BAKE AT 350* FOR 20-25 MINUTES.

More ideas on this Web Search...

[ame="http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLR,GGLR:2005-48,GGLR:en&q=dog+treat+recipes"]http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLR,GGLR:2005-48,GGLR:en&q=dog+treat+recipes[/ame]

cool. I'm gonna have to make some and see what they taste like. Oh yea... and give my dog some as well.

Thanks
smiley9.gif
Edited by: sangwitch

Latest posts

Back