what do you think of this press??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like Wade said "needs alot of work"
Hand crank is OK but can get old fast if you press alot. The ratchet type Is better.

Why do you need a press and what do you plan on using it with?

I had the crank style and unless you are doing a ton of grapes its actually easier and you can throw the mesh bag in there without cutting a hole in it for the center rod.

Why do you need a press and what do you plan on using it with?

Starting next summer I want to start making way more fruit wines, so the press would be useful.

I'm not planning on using for grapes, since they are hard to get her and I don,t mind making my grape wine out of kits.

Well FYI
I make alot of fruit wines and never used a press

I make a lot of fruit wines also and really didnt use the press for it either, I dont have one but a steamer like Tom has is probably a better option especially thinking that you could can what you dont want to use and save it on shelves and not in the freezer for a rainy day.

a steamer like Tom has is probably a better option especially thinking that you could can what you dont want to use and save it on shelves and not in the freezer for a rainy day.

Tom, do you have a tread that explains that? Can you post it here please?

here is what I have

picture.php

just one more question, if I may...
after steaming,to do you keep the pulp to add to your must?
If you do do you freeze it?

Thanks!

Depends. Strawberry no not much left, Blueberry yes, other fruit wines.. no. I freeze the pulp and add it whein I decide on making the wine.
Steaming is done when you dont have enough time or #'s of fruit to make it then. this way I can do fruit wines in the winter when things slow dowm.

Latest posts

Back