What did you do Memorial Day?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrawhide

Reaction score
We had a bbq for about 18 friends and stayed around here and stayed safe. Menu was bbq ribs (the best ever!!!), chicken, potatoe salad, cole slaw, beans and strawberry shortcake. Wine selection was was Castel del Papa; Peach Chardonnay; Reisling; Raspberry White Zin and a Cab.

We were pretty well set up here for Memorial Day. Flags and R/W/B colors everywhere. We even showed a movie outside and this was an old B&W Some like it hot with Marilyn Monroe circa 1959. Good time for all and they did not leave until after 1100.

A special thing happened - one of our friends son's who is a Air Force Pararescue sent me a flag from Iraq. Something like this sure makes one choke up. Wow.

These are the only pictures I took so enjoy.

20110531_112708_IMG_0874.JPG

20110531_113022_IMG_0875.JPG

20110531_113052_IMG_0878.JPG

Hope you all enjoyed your day too and thanx for remembering our service men and women.

God Bless America!

rrawhide

I christened my new brew sculpture. I made 10 gal batch of A/G

Enjoyed a beautiful morning kayaking off Fort DeSoto and spent the afternoon relaxing with a pitcher of sangria.

Tore down and rebuilt my parents deck all in one day, Im paying for it today!!!!
smiley11.gif
Glad its out of my hair though as they asked me for it about 2 months ago!

returned to work at the fire station after a few weeks off with a back injury. Good to be back
smiley32.gif

Hey Wade,
I do have a history of lower back problems. This time I not only did the PT thing but when my back first went out I saw an acupuncturist (SPELLING?). He released the spasm in two visits and saved me about 7 weeks of out of work time. (compared to a few years ago when it went out then)
smiley20.gif

Glad it worked for you. Im afraid to go to one as Ive heard so many horror stories about them.

Wow, I have heard horror stories about Chiropractors but nothing but good things about Acupuncturist. My mom had horrible lower GI problems every 6 mo for 15 years. She would end up in the ER for 3 days each time with pain so severe she would puke. A few visits with the Acupuncturist and he taught her how to relax and massage her lower abdomen when needed. She has not been into the ER in over 3 years now!

I had also heard nothing but bad about chiropractors.... Then I went to one, and have nothing but GOOD to say about them now!!!

Worked for me....

Back