Well now...back in production.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usafcajun

Reaction score
Well after a 'fun' move out here to lovely Tucson......a move in which the movers refused to transport my homebrew, I have once again gotten back into production. whew.

I've started 3 batches in the last few days.....2 of them today. :)

First was a Welch's red grape concentrate.
20061115_211030_20061111.jpg

Then came the kit I've had for a while now just screaming to be fermented....a Vintner's Reserve French Cabernet Sauvignon.
20061115_211143_20061115-1.jpg

And last but not least......something of an experiment on my part. Blackberry/Merlot from concentrate with a medium french oak.
20061115_211244_20061115-2.jpg

Cajun, looks good there.... Why wouldn't they move the homebrew??? Must have something to do w/ ATF????

They said that their rules did not allow the transporting of alcohol interstate. They didn't want to run afoul of the ATF and federal laws. :( Oh well.....my inlaws got the windfall from that. The day before I left I went around putting a case or so on their doorsteps.

I took one bottle of each type that I'd made with me when I made the drive to Arizona......and a bottle of 16yr old scotch I'm saving for a special day.

Good news for your inlaws, bad for you.... at least you saved some, and the scotch is a real keepsake....

Glad you got moved ok usa and hope you really enjoy you new home. Looks like you arte definately having an appropriate "homewarming". I am going to be really interested in following the progress on that Blackberry/Merlot. It all looks very good !!

usafcajun said:
They said that their rules did not allow the transporting of alcohol interstate. They didn't want to run afoul of the ATF and federal laws. :( Oh well.....my inlaws got the windfall from that. The day before I left I went around putting a case or so on their doorsteps.

I took one bottle of each type that I'd made with me when I made the drive to Arizona......and a bottle of 16yr old scotch I'm saving for a special day.

Well, a perfectly good wine making neighbor here and he didn't collect any windfall from the unfortunate move of a fellow wine maker
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

Too bad about the Move...But good winemakers can't be held down....When you have been wronged......Just make more.
smiley17.gif

Waldo - I'll be trying to keep everyone posted on how it progresses.

Wadewade - It's not from a kit. I was going to do another batch of blackberry wine from concentrate until I saw a can of Merlot concentrate also. So I got one can of each type and some oak chips and figured 'what the hell.'
smiley17.gif

Smurfe - Sorry buddy. I'd been absent from the forum for a while due to work and and forgot there were others like me nearby. :(Edited by: usafcajun

Sounds good. I made one of those Island Mist Blackberry Cabernet and
bumped up the alc. with more sugar and it came out really nice.

I don't know about ATF, but I was told the reason they won't alcohol is that it is flamable. Although wine does not containas muchalcohol as distilled spirits, they do not want the movers making that judgement call and you really can't blame them too much for that.

They just knew that they wouldnt be able to resist the temptation of home brews.
smiley2.gif

Guess I will have to rent a U-Haul when I move since there ain't no way I giving my fully stocked and aged cellar to anyone!!!

I wanted to.....really I did. But I had two 80# dogs and a cat in the truck for a two day drive. :(

You mentioned you are making Welch's RED </font> grape wine....is it the RED </font> grape juice that comes in the 64 oz jugs...or are they selling red in frozen cans now as well as the Concord and Niagara????

USAF,

Military moves, gotta love them! Made many of them myself and the rules are pretty stupid sometimes. Too bad you couldn't have put it in your dity as "marinade!" I'd have removed all the labels and packed them in my car! Oh well, I'm sure your family will enjoy the results of your labor! You should be getting a good Christmas gift from them this year!

Welches does make a red in frozen but it is not 100% juice like the Concord and Niagara.

usafcajun said:
I wanted to.....really I did. But I had two 80# dogs and a cat in the truck for a two day drive. :(

Dogs were mad ...They prob thought they were riding with the homebrew huh?
smiley4.gif

Latest posts

Back