WineXpert WE Limited Release?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought it would be by now.....waiting....:fsh

I believe they announce them on October 1st. For some reason the other companies announce much earlier.

Got an email from a HBS saying they'd be listing them for sale on the 1st.

WE LE/25th Ann 2015

Canadian contact says:

WE LE/25th Anniversary:
$125 for the whites, $130 for the reds without skins, and
$135 for the Supertuscan.

Triumph: $130. Canadian dollar currency conversion: $116.60, not including MSRP. Would is, no one will be able to advertise or sell online below, MSRP. However, some retailers will allow you to pick up product @ store and receive a price lower than MSRP. Also heard, MSRP maybe around, $150-$175. p/k.

Canadian contact says:

WE LE/25th Anniversary:
$125 for the whites, $130 for the reds without skins, and
$135 for the Supertuscan.

Triumph: $130. Canadian dollar currency conversion: $116.60, not including MSRP. Would is, no one will be able to advertise or sell online below, MSRP. However, some retailers will allow you to pick up product @ store and receive a price lower than MSRP. Also heard, MSRP maybe around, $150-$175. p/k.

if they stick with the same policy as their ports then that really sucks...:po

I wonder how they did with pre-sale on the Ports? I am not going to pre-order at MSRP.

Very stupid question. Do the ports make 15 (750 ml) bottles before or after you add the brandy?

(I've never made a port but I assume the kits don't come with the alcohol)

Very stupid question. Do the ports make 15 (750 ml) bottles before or after you add the brandy?

(I've never made a port but I assume the kits don't come with the alcohol)

They are made to produce 3 gallons. If you add brandy, that'd be in addition to the 3 gallons. Though you'll probably lose some of that 3 to racking. So it probably evens out.

I know some retailers will advertise one price (MSRP) and sell at a lower price, less percentage market up from there wholesale price, but they can't advertise that lower number due to contractual restrictions. So I don't want to say those are the hard numbers. Just info hearing from sources within. Website with video of each LE to be out in week or so.

LE14 SS Triumph EN PRESS.jpg

I may be missing something, but it seems the retailers could list at MSRP and then send out a XX% off coupon to use on any WE kit in stock. Meets the WE requirement and yet offers a reasonable discount. There are many ways around this silliness.

Still, it really bothers me that WE is that short sighted and is willing to mess with their retailers and customer base to this extent. Come on WinExpert - get real!

I may be missing something, but it seems the retailers could list at MSRP and then send out a XX% off coupon to use on any WE kit in stock. Meets the WE requirement and yet offers a reasonable discount. There are many ways around this silliness.

Still, it really bothers me that WE is that short sighted and is willing to mess with their retailers and customer base to this extent. Come on WinExpert - get real!

I wouldn't be surprised if some retailers were involved in setting the policy.

I purchased two WE kits last week, which were both Eclipse kits, here's hoping they won't be my last. I've been happy with 50+ WE kits so far, Hopefully price fixing isn't in their future. If so, good riddance.

Latest posts

Back