Waterproofing basement wineroom

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am jealous of that sink, I have a little plastic utility sink in my basement. Restaurant supply? Would be curious to cost on sink, I need to upgrade.

Bought in an online restaurant equipment auction actually. Comparable sinks I saw going for a lot more double what I paid. A lot of these sinks are ‘built to order’ as well as level of polish. Some welds aren’t buffed to perfection but otherwise great shape.
Pre-rinse faucet was from amazon. Was able to find a “limited space” model-25” instead of 48”H. Haven’t had water access in my wine areas to date- always requiring a flight of steps to a sink or hose. Was such a hassle and time waster that I vowed to do it up proper as soon as I was able.

Last edited:
Phase 2 of this slow burn build complete. Finished up the sink area down there over the weekend aside from some odds and ends.
I realize i went a little overboard. But the way I see it is that just as winemaking is a hobby I enjoy, the same goes for building a cool area for it. It’s something that I definitely enjoy. So why not go overkill and have fun with it?
IMG_1515.jpgIMG_1512.jpg

@ajmass5983, very impressive. Stainless steel pegboard and everything. Didn't know stainless pegboard existed. Sweet setup so far.

@ajmass5983, very impressive. Stainless steel pegboard and everything. Didn't know stainless pegboard existed. Sweet setup so far.

Not stainless- just galvanized pegboard. I sprayed em with a protective clear coat too. Shouldn’t rust. Any any wear and tear they suffer I’ll just chalk up as added character.

Looking great AJ!! I agree with Fred, it's not overkill, a clean, well thought out work space will just make your work and your wine better. Everything has it's place, you know where it is, it's easily accessible, well planned, i like it!!

I said the same thing. A proper work space, in any field, can lead to a better product. Too often I’ve wasted time looking for something, or putting off a proper cleaning, leading to rushing later and taking time away from more important things.

That’s what the mason and painter both said to me as well.
I was trying to maybe avoid using that acid gel and turning this into even more a project.
Maybe I can pay some kids in the neighborhood a few bucks to do the muriatic acid for me- and just tell the parents I’ll have em raking leaves.
Get a pressure washer. I see you have a sump pump it should only take you a day

Get a pressure washer. I see you have a sump pump it should only take you a day

That’s exactly what I did. Read the next few posts after that quote. I’m also gonna be using that corner sump pump (tied into outside storm line) for hosing off my equipment. Any grape skins clogging it up are easily cleaned out.

Back