RJ Spagnols Watermelon White Merlot

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tess

Reaction score
Just got my Orchard Breezin Watermelon White Merlot in the mail. Anyone made this one who can give me a review??

I am on my second batch right now, bottled weekend before last. Everyone who has tried it liked it. It has been a big hit. My daughter always leaves with a couple bottles. My wife says she actually prefers the Peach Chard, but the Watermelon is a close second. The only thing I did different was add 4lbs. sugar in the primary...all else was by the instructions. If you enjoy a sweet sipping wine, I think you will like this one.

I have the Cornucopia peach chard in the primary right now. I hope its good. I always add sugar in and some of the fruit pack up front. I dont like it to sweet. I prefer a dryer so I make these early drinker for my friends and family who go nuts over them but I will like to have a glass with them fro time to time. If its to sweet I just cant lol

Oh I take that back I have the White Peach Sauvignon Blanc from Cornucopia in the primary

Just got my Orchard Breezin Watermelon White Merlot in the mail. Anyone made this one who can give me a review??

Tess, how did it turn out, would you make it again?

I thought about it, my last kit was a toss up b/t peach perfection and the watermelon I chose the peach, haven't started it yet but I would be very interested to see how that one goes keep us posted please. I once made watermelon from scratch even though baby sitting it didn't turn out right but works great as chicken marinade lol That's the only wine that I had trouble with making from scratch Hope you have luck with the kit!

Back