Waldo’s Muscadine/Grape Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most definately did Hippie. I wanted to this morning but ran outa time. It was still fermenting pretty strong so I left it plenty of bubble up room for right now. Will check and see how it is doing in the morning and top it up some more if it looks ok

2005-10-04_172857_muscadinegraperackedtocarboy100405.jpg

I pulled the strainer bag with the muscadines and added it to the gallon fermenter that I started with the 6 gallon. Going to letthe gallonone go to .990 befor I rack it to glass.Edited by: Waldo

Looks great! If all goes well with racking and loss, maybe you will eventually be able to combine both into one carboy. Maybe you should get a 5 gallon barrel, or 10!Edited by: Hippie

I checked with Snyder Industries ( Our supplier of tanks for our Truck Wash Systems) on the price of a 550 gallon Cone Bottom Tank to ferment in Hippie
smiley36.gif

Still strong fermentation goingg on this evening. Going to leave it alone, check SG tomorrow and possibly top it up a bit.

2005-10-05_173738_muscadine_grape_fermenting_100505.jpg

Thanks Hippie..I am hoping to have some good juice to top up with. I squeezed the beejuices out of the strainer bag of muscadines in the gallon fermenter tonight and it smelled really good.

Perfect! I might be eating my words about the concord concentrate!

Fermentation had slowed considerably this moning ( Exactly as Hippie predicted it would ) so I went ahead and topped it up a bit with the batch from the gallon fermenter

Checked SG this evning and it is now at 1.000 and still fermenting. If it don't taste good I can burn it in my lawnmower
smiley36.gif

Man, looking at that picture (sorry for the delay), I want to dive right in and bathe in that carboy.

smiley36.gif

Waldo said:
Checked SG this evning and it is now at 1.000 and still fermenting. If it don't taste good I can burn it in my lawnmower
smiley36.gif

ROFLMAO!

smiley36.gif

Checked SG this evening and it is still at .980. The same readng I got yesterday evening so I went ahead and racked it,

2005-10-09_125245_muscadine_grape_racked_100905.jpg

This one is definately going to have some kick to it.Using my beginning and endineSG readings to determine PAIcalculated itat 15%

2005-10-09_125316_muscadine_grape_in_fermenter_100905.jpg

cleaned up carboy and racked wine back to it. I dissolved 6 campden tablets and 2-1/2 tsp SOrbate in some cool water, added it to carboy and stirred well with fizz x. Got a lot of foam, a bit of overrun but not bad.

2005-10-09_125406_dwgassing_muscadine_grape.jpg

Topped it off and set it aside...wondering, "What am I going to make next
smiley36.gif

2005-10-09_125954_muscadine_grape_stabalized_100905.jpg

Here is my label I designed for this wine

2005-10-09_134750_muscadine_grape_label.jpg
Edited by: Waldo

Are you sure of the hydrometer measurement? .980 is the lowest SG of any wine I have ever heard of! Is it .998?

You are correct Hipppie.. It was .998

I was just checking tro see if you was paying attention
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back