Visiting..... Visitors!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jobe05

Reaction score
I didn't want to hi-jack the other thread with regard to visitors so I thought I would start my own for my own adventures.............

Wade and Waldo (and who ever elses name starts with a W)(unless you live in Texas)...........

Plan a weekend on Cape Cod for next August! Pick a weekend, preferably a long one, like Thursday, Friday, sat and sun...... or whatever.

Activities will be planned after a date is set.

My wife and I are planning a road trip for next year as well. We want to rent a RV and travel the USA for 3 to 4 weeks. I have a couple of stops that are on the top of my list, George in Texas is one......... Would love to see Ramona while there, and rrawhide in California.

I don't know the path we will take yet but will consider anything. To give you an idea of our proposed agenda, here are some of the things we want to see / Do:

Yellow stone
Mt Rushmore
Mt St Hellenes
Portland. From Portland we will fly to Alaska for a few days of fishing, then back.
California..... OK... Just rrawhides place and a few vineyards in Lodi.
Arizonia. Specifically, old Tucson, sun city and Nagales Mexico and the Meteor hole.
Northern Texas down to Galviston, then on to New Orleans.

There will be a lot of interesting spots in between all these places but for now this is what we have talked about.

Make sure you let us Dallas-area forum members know when you will be in this area, so we can make you feel welcome - Saturday is usually the best/most interesting day of the week to visit George's store. Lots of folks coming and going, sometimes bringing wines with "problems' in to have them diagnosed, occasional bottling parties at FVW, etc. I think there is a greater concentration of forum members in the Dallas area than any other par of the country, so don't forget to take advantage of that, too.

We'd look forward to meeting in person (and perhaps tasting some wine, if you got any with you
smiley2.gif
)!

Bart

GOOD NEWS!!!!

You are welcome any time - - looking forward to it -

Just keep us apprised of your travels. 4 years ago, wife and I took off in our motorhome (1992 Bounder) and told our kids (that were home at the time) that we will be back - going travel'n) They said 'fine, have fun'. Well, we got back 7 months later - visited every state and some of Canada. Had a great time - tried some wonderful wine and met some fun/fine people. Just sorry, I was not on the forum then -

Anyway, pm me and I can share some wonderful spots for you to see -

rrawhide

WOW !!! Hell I can even say it backwards...WOW !!! Sounds like a great idea to me jobe !!

"Wade and Waldo (and who ever elses name starts with a W)(unless you live in Texas)..........."

Dang it all, I been a misplacing them letters all this time! Should be Wj!
smiley4.gif

wade said:
JW, WJ, I say its close enough!

I would agree with that! Couldn't leave JW out.

I'll even go one step farther...........

This is a 3 bedroom cottage.

20090804_170613_The_Cape.jpg

The front bedroom has a double bed, the middle bedroom has a double bed, and the back bedroom right now has a single bed. There is a couch in the living room to sleep one and a big porch on the front that could sleep many on blow up mattresses (BYO).

So with that said, once a weekend is chosen, anyone is welcome unless your name IS W and you are from Texas.............

Oh yea....... The front bedroom is mine!

IQwine said:
3 rooms... looks like enough space for a group of 15
smiley36.gif

With the porch area and other misc floor and yard space, I was thinking more like 136..........
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back