WineXpert Vintners Reserve

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaurieL

Junior
Reaction score
How does this compare to the Mosti Vinifera Noble? I want to start a good red wine and I've had the VN Castel del papa. I'd like something comparable in a WineExpert.

IMHO the Vinifera Noble is worlds ahead of the Vintner's Reserve. The WE kits are very thin and weak compared to the VN line.

Yea I agree. but, it's a good entry kit for some who are just starting. As you make more you will WAKE UP your wine taste buds. Once you do then you will be looking for better kits.

Some (taste buds) however are not woken up.

Thanks for the info. I was thinking I could save some money by going to a local store to buy a kit, however, they only carry wine expert. Shipping is quite a bit when I have to order Mosti kits. OH well..I guess I have to just pay the piper for the better kits.

Laurie,

George gives 10% off for the first order and then a lifetime 10% discount for his preferred customers (Grower's Club). On top of that, he doesn't uptick the price with padded shipping charges. Plus he's a very customer-centric kind of businessman, which is a fine and seemingly rare thing. Check out the selection and give him a call - he'll let you know exactly what it would cost to ship to you.

- Jim

WE makes other types other than Vitners Reserve. Check out the other ones. Not sure what the $ is there but the creshendos series make better wine than V/R

I agree the Crushendo are very good kits, but for folks with a budget and new palate, the VN Kits are a great value. The Crushendo kits run close to $200 with shipping because of their weight. The VN kits are only $90-100 with shipping. All I am saying, having made a number of VInifera Noble kits and the WE Vintner's Reserve kits and the VN kits win hands down in all categories.

Thanks Laurie for starting this thread - and thanks Appleman for your strong endorsement of the VN.

Laurie - the store(s) that I can actually go to (in The Cities) generally carry either only Wine Expert or WE and some Cellar Craft (smaller selection).

I've done two Vintners Reserve kits and was happy enough with them but they weren't great wines. I did the Vieux Chateau du Roi (first kit I ever did) and happily drank and gave away to happy recipients most of that batch and then tucked almost a case away to see how it does at a year old - not quite there yet. Then I did a Merlot and have had that as the default house wine while cranking out a bunch of fruit wine and one ageworthier kit. They were 'thin' wines to be sure, not even close to a commercial red in body, or taste even, but I still happily drink them.

The next kit I get though, I intend it to be a Vinifera Noble from George and just budget for the shipping in order to get the better product. I just have way too any wines hanging around and not enough time to sit and have a glass -- and summer isn't my best winemaking time.

If you are looking for a great kit for a great value look towards the MM Renaissance. Like Pelican says you just need to budget for shipping and such and always check out the sales!
VC

This is great information. thanks for all your help.
smiley20.gif

The 'ageworthy' kit I did was a MM Renaissance Franc/Sauvignon (have one in reserve to still do) but ... I lucked out on a special and they fit in my budget at the time I ordered them. It was AWESOME as a raw wine right out of the carboy but needs a bit more time in the bottle to judge it as a bottled wine.

Who is George, what firm? How do I contact him for purchase?

Ttortorice,

Why George is none other than the fine proprietor of The Winemaker's Toystore, found at www.finevinewines.com.

Give him a call and he'll answer all of your questions. He's a great guy.

- Jim

LaurieL, as a beginner I made the WE kits. I wasn't sure if I was "trainable" to make a wine that actually tasted good. hahaha
Luckily, I am trainable and the first kits came out wonderful!!
But, as Appleman, Pelican and others have stated, it usually wakes up your taste buds and the VN kits may be a kit to try. I have made 3 or 4 and have not been disappointed. And with the discounts that George gives, it may fit your budget.
Enjoy and let us know which ones you order!!
smiley17.gif

Latest posts

Back