Other Vintners Best - fruit wine base (fruit juice)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I followed the DB recipe to the letter, but used dark tart cherries instead of triple berry. It was a big hit! Just an idea.

I made the DB last year with triple berry, might have over sweetened, and its starter wine for kids. 😆 I'm going to wait and see how my VB raspberry and black cherry turn out before committing to anything else. Dark tart cherries sounds very interesting! In 2022 I made an Island Mist black cherry and added 6oz of cherry flavoring and called it Black Cherry-Cherry which was a big hit.

Bottled half of my Vintners Best raspberry and find it a little tart. At fermentation I added a Global red juice pack and reconstituted to 23l. Started with 1.080 sg and ended with .998 sg using the whole Global juice pack, 2 cups of inverted sugar, and 2 tsp of yeast nutrient. Its young ... March of this year so at 4 months I'm guessing the remainder 3 gallons in bulk aging will improve by September. In the meantime, I have 14 bottles of raspberry to drink this supper. Love splitting these batches.

Attachments

• IMG_1420.jpeg
    IMG_1420.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Bottled half of my Vintners Best raspberry and find it a little tart. At fermentation I added a Global red juice pack and reconstituted to 23l. Started with 1.080 sg and ended with .998 sg using the whole Global juice pack, 2 cups of inverted sugar, and 2 tsp of yeast nutrient. Its young ... March of this year so at 4 months I'm guessing the remainder 3 gallons in bulk aging will improve by September. In the meantime, I have 14 bottles of raspberry to drink this supper. Love splitting these batches.
I just bottled VB Peach and Strawberry. The peach is really good, the strawberry is good but needs more strawberry 🍓 flavor, it’s only 2 months old so maybe it’ll get better after a few more months. Have Blackberry and Elderberry fermenting now.

I just bottled VB Peach and Strawberry. The peach is really good, the strawberry is good but needs more strawberry 🍓 flavor, it’s only 2 months old so maybe it’ll get better after a few more months. Have Blackberry and Elderberry fermenting now.

https://craftedseries.com/products/infused-beverage-syrups-strawberry-ea
I have used these several times for wine and dessert wine. I'm a fan. It was added after fermentation and before bulk aging. They contain potassium sorbate and potassium metabisulfate.

The Vintners Best fruit wines remind me of an old girlfriend I had. Fun to play with but not overly impressed for the long term. ;) Just ok. I'm gravitating to the dry reds now so maybe fruit wines won't be so important to me? IDK ... don't have the answer to my raspberry need yet.

https://craftedseries.com/products/infused-beverage-syrups-strawberry-ea
I have used these several times for wine and dessert wine. I'm a fan. It was added after fermentation and before bulk aging. They contain potassium sorbate and potassium metabisulfate.

The Vintners Best fruit wines remind me of an old girlfriend I had. Fun to play with but not overly impressed for the long term. ;) Just ok. I'm gravitating to the dry reds now so maybe fruit wines won't be so important to me? IDK ... don't have the answer to my raspberry need yet.
I added the brewers best peach to a VB peach wine and find it fairly undrinkable. It's very artificial tasting. I agree the crafted series is much better but I've only used once in their fruit kits. A little bit goes a long way. Unlike the mist type kits it can't be add during fermintation I guess.

I added the brewers best peach to a VB peach wine and find it fairly undrinkable. It's very artificial tasting. I agree the crafted series is much better but I've only used once in their fruit kits. A little bit goes a long way. Unlike the mist type kits it can't be add during fermintation I guess.

Agree ... BB flavorings were not good for me either so I turned to ABC Crafted Series. With my Vintners Best 2022 concord, 2023 raspberry and black cherry (and a few other choices) should give me enough wine options for this year. Would love to see FWK come out with a raspberry. I'm not a paid spokesman 😅 but the FWK blackberry I made in Nov 2022 is now bottled and BAM ... its good.

Hats off to you for trying to make it better or change the VB Cherry.

Tonight I had friends over for a celebration .... its Monday! We opened a bottle of the Concord I bottled a few days ago and everyone thought it was really good. After several glasses I thought it was pretty good too but I also thought I was faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound. ;) The VB concord will only get better I'm thinking!
Hello, I’m new to it all. I’m from New Orleans and in the past I’ve made only
Moon shine. Can you please tell me which yeast you pitched with the Vintners wine base. I’m having a hard time 😩

I bought this Concord fruit wine base a few months ago on sale. Three years ago I made it and we named it "sucky grape" so you know it was just tolerable. I have searched the WTK sight and read several posts on the Vintners Best so I'm not surprised my first attempt at Concord was poor. About two years ago I tried a Cherry Vintners Best and it was unpleasant to drink but good to cook with. lol. So, here we are again at the end of 2022 and I'm going to give it another try and hopefully after reading the past posts it will be better. After reading I might be better prepared.

Making this wine is like being 18 yr old and going on a date with an older woman ..... unsure and scared but excited all at the same time!
Mines is similar. I have the Blueberry and strawberry. The blueberry taste really well after 8 weeks.

Update, I made the VB Elderberry in June, I entered it into the State Fair and it took 2nd Place in Other Berry category. Took it to a birthday party and people loved it. Guess it’s hit and miss with the flavors. Dandelion and Elderberry seem to be the best 2 I’ve done.

Latest posts

Back