Mosti Mondiale Village vintner cab sauv

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CassieV

Reaction score
Has anyone done the village vintner cab sauv kit & tried it after it's aged awhile? I just bottled this kit in febuary & was wondering if it was good. It came with my starter equip kit. I was just curious.

Thats is the same kit I got with my starter kit that I bought in February as well. ours is still in the carboy awaiting the bottlling which will be in a week or so... I have not report on it yet.. so please keep me up to speed, would be curiuos on how long it will take as well..

I too would like an update - I'm about to start this same kit over the weekend!

This series of kits is pretty new, so you will find very few if any folks with any long term tasting notes for them. They do sound good, so be sure to fill us in as you get notes on them.

I just started this kit this afternoon, my second try! My Pinot Grigio is still a couple weeks away from bottling, but I figured it won't hurt to have another one coming along right behind it...

Ok so I opened a bottle of this tonight. It's been in the bottle a week short of 3 months. It's very good. Alot better than I was expecting for my very 1st kit. I'm not very good at specifc tasting notes, I just know what I like so bare with me. It was quite fruity & very smooth. It could've had just a bit more oak, that's a personal preference. For the price I think it's a very good kit. I'd definitely recommend it. Hope you all enjoy it too.

I was going to leave mine in the bottle for six months, but after reading your post, Cassie, I think I'll try one at three... It's still quite a ways off, though!
smiley1.gif

I was going to wait til 6 mths for my 1st try too, but I had some family in town that wanted to try it so I figured why not. It'll be nice to see how it progressess from this point on. It was really good with my kabobs last night.

Good to hear it was good, mine has been in bottle for a little over a month, where not touching it till fourth of July Weeknd, it will be close to 3 months at that point, we'll try one, but plan on letting the rest of it age more.. I'm sure,, unless it's just soo good we drink it all to celebrate our nations Bday?
smiley17.gif

We opened a bottle about a week ago - about five months in the bottle - still a little green but going to be good. Cassie and KnappSt, any updates on yours?

I haven't tried it in a while. It's about 6 months now so I'm thinking about opening a bottle soon.

Latest posts

Back