Vibrating Tongue

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just reminiscing a bit about that night and I came up with a better description. I think.

Have you ever put a 9v battery to the tip of your tongue? It was kind of like that.
Not as powerful, not as fast, and it covered a fair portion of the tongue since that's where the wine went.
Well, I only came to see if the vibrating tongue post was going to be anything like the mental image it inspired. It was not, and that's good, but your comment above rang a bell for me.

Would you consider it prickly? This is a term in tasting spirits, vodka, whiskey, etc. If there are excess esters created in the ferment, or alcohols other than ethanol not removed in distillation, it can create a prickly feeling on the tongue. Not sure how to translate it to wine, but it's a thing!

Somewhere between pop rocks and a 9 volt battery.

Haha! That was my Grandma. She has since passed. She wasn't really a wino, we just called her that because she insisted on having wine with spaghetti.

I kinda follow in her footsteps. :)

Back