WineXpert veaux chateau du roi...nice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pepere

Reaction score
I've waited several months now and I have to tell y'all, this chateau is a real winner. The wife and I decided we'd waited long enough and broke open a bottle for an early dinner today. I'd recommend this wine to anyone!
smiley32.gif
truly wonderful.

The first statement from my wife was "we're not giving any away and when are you making another batch." Thank you George for the recommendation and rest assured I'll be ordering another kit .......very soon.
smiley17.gif

A Selection kit!

I must admit it is the best kit I've made so far. I've had it bottled about a month now and if it's going to get better with more time I think I've found my favorite kit.
smiley20.gif

That's good to know.
I have a batch clearing now. It tasted pretty good when I finished it about a week ago. I'm looking forward to this one.

I've had the VR VCDR in the bottle for about a month now, but I'm waiting a couple more months before I crack the first cork. I hope my bottles live up to your experience. I'm getting more excited about this and hope I can hold out.

I've made both the VR and the Selection at the same time. Hard for me to compare them as I drank the VR pretty much right away. Very easy drinking wine right out of the carboy. I have a bunch of the Selection left and it is now about 5 months old. Everyone who tastes it raves about it

You'll all enjoy this wine, either type!!!

DrtDoctor

Thanks DrtDoctor,

That's encouraging! I may have to try one tonight and see how it is coming along. My patients is not what it should be
smiley24.gif

You are most welcome. I like it when people enjoy my recommendations. As I indicated, I think it is avery underappreciated wine. I think the name scares most people away.

With all the talk about the VCDR, I couldn't wait any longer and opened one last night. I made the VR and, although it is good, it needs some bottle time. If I had to describe it, I'd say medium body, light tannin, smooth finish. I drink mostly Cab Sav, Chianti,and Shiraz in reds, so this is very light in comparison, and notmuch oak, but I'm not disappointed.

pkcook; Have you played with adding oak cubes to your wines??? It can add a lot of mouth feel to the VR kits. Just one more thing to play with.

pk,
Sounds like you would like the WE Selection Australian Carbernet Shiraz. Mine has been bottled almost six months now. I have tried a couple bottles so far and it is pretty full bodied, has the Cabernet fruitiness, Shiraz boldness and lots of oak. It comes with I believe 4 packs of oak and has a good balance of oak and tannins. It wakes the mouth up and has a nice linger to it.

Bert,

I started experimenting with oak spirals (freebies) on a concord wine, and I must say I am overwhelmed with the difference! I didn't add any to the VCDR because this was my "first" kit and I followed the directions to the letter! Wish I had put some oak to it now, but it is already bottled.

Appleman,

The Australian Cab/Shiraz sounds like my kind of wine! I like a very bold red that lets you know you are drinking it! I think the VCDR is lacking in tannin and oak, but I wasn't sure of this style of wine, so I made it by direction. Next batch will get more oak for sure!

I have a Selection VCDR that is five months from the start. I bottled a gallon and the rest is bulk aging in a 5 gallon carboy. I opened a bottle last night, it is wonderfull. I am finishing it as I type, I agree on getting another soon.
Dave

Latest posts

Back