Two Interesting Reads

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what kind of cigar is that? :)

not for 5k :) at this time anyway...but looking at the seeds, the leaves...the remaining grape cake....it makes sense to do something more than just compost it....although, to be sure, by returning some of the harvest to the vineyard each year can't be a bad thing

and the story on the sommeliers is yet ANOTHER reason why the only authority you should have in your life is YOU

i know we arent supposed to talk about it but isnt there a way to "extract" some higher proof alcohol from the pomace?

who says you cant talk about it?

are you talking about distillation?

A few more 'wine in the news' stories.

Don't know if there is a proper to post these, but here goes anyways. My uncle always kept up on current news stories just so he has some chit chat handy to break the ice in social situations.

Recommendations by the Toronto Star's Wine Dude, err um, I mean Sommelier

Great wines from Australia, New Zealand

The three P's: Packaging, Price, Peer Acceptance

Freakonomics Radio: Do More Expensive Wines Taste Better?

The Sommelier at the L.A. Times Picks $40 - $60 a Bottle Champagne for New Years

Wines of the Week: Four Champagne picks for New Year's Eve

Wine Dealers Warn of Lafite Price Bubble as Auctions Double on Asia Demand

Here, the Big Muckity Mucks at the IMF equate a good bottle of wine as important economic indicator as oil. Or maybe they just needed an excuse to kick back, drink some good wine and enjoy life.

A Barrel of Oil or a Bottle of Wine: How Do Global Growth Dynamics Affect Commodity Prices?

Latest posts

Back