Tweak Your Tank

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dking193

4th year at this!
Reaction score
I've read lots of discussion in the forums about variable capacity tanks, and most comment about needing to tweak the tank to use it for long term storage. After reading the article on page 36 of the Aug-Sep WineMaking Mag, I've decided to give it a try.

My question for the forum is, does anyone have a Marchiso 100L short VC tank and if you do, did you 1) replace the gasket and 2) if yes, did you use replace with white or black type 3) and where did you find it? I've researched the web with little luck for the Marchiso brand.

I've read lots of discussion in the forums about variable capacity tanks, and most comment about needing to tweak the tank to use it for long term storage. After reading the article on page 36 of the Aug-Sep WineMaking Mag, I've decided to give it a try.

My question for the forum is, does anyone have a Marchiso 100L short VC tank and if you do, did you 1) replace the gasket and 2) if yes, did you use replace with white or black type 3) and where did you find it? I've researched the web with little luck for the Marchiso brand.

I have several of tat particular brand, although all of them are larger in size. I never "tweeked" them as you say, and have used them to age wines over 18 months or so. Never really had much of a problem.

That's great news John! Like anything you usually hear all the horror stories and not the successes.

So the gaskets hold a good seal? How often do you need to pump them up to maintain the pressure?

The 100L also uses the marble airlock system. Lots of folks say to remove so wine does not get any air past that airlock. I'm sure if you have the larger ones, they may not use the marble locks?

Back